PDA

View Full Version : Filter sock for biocube?

Giants206
03/31/2014, 01:03 PM
I was thinking that it would be a lot easier of the biocube had a filter sock in the 1st chamber, its a PITA cleaning out all the garbage in the bottom of all 3 chambers. I researched but couldnt find one, but basically it would have to be a long rectangular filter sock that fits in the full length of the 1st chamber. Had anyone made one or know of a company that sells one that would fit?

iced98lx
03/31/2014, 07:26 PM
use filter floss in the top of a media rack

Giants206
03/31/2014, 07:29 PM
use filter floss in the top of a media rack

I do, yet somehow it still manages to get around it obviously since there is debris on the bottom of all 3 chambers.

crock921
03/31/2014, 07:36 PM
the reason i think it would be an issue would be because of the top and bottom inlets. the water would have to flow through the sock on the bottom as well

Giants206
03/31/2014, 09:30 PM
the reason i think it would be an issue would be because of the top and bottom inlets. the water would have to flow through the sock on the bottom as well

What issue do you see? Picture a rectangular frame that runs the full height and width of the 1st chamber, attached to a filter sock. It would cover both the top and bottom inlets in one piece..i think im just going to design my own and see how it works out