PDA

View Full Version : Aquatronica Now an Independent company.

RobbyG
04/01/2014, 02:02 PM
I received an email stating that Aquatronica has been sold to Massimo (the man who designs the controllers). I hope this is a change for the better, after spending years helping them with support on various forums I gave up with the lack of interest and support from them. Maybe Massimo taking over signals a change in direction.

Aquatronica has the best controller without a doubt, but the USA support and service have been non existent. Letís see what happens; this could be a really good change in direction for the company/product.

nickjj
04/01/2014, 02:52 PM
I received the same email.

I hope like you Robby that this is a sign of good things to come.

But then again they did take over the company today April 1st..... April fools day......

phinfan8
04/02/2014, 09:42 AM
We can only hope.

RobbyG
04/02/2014, 07:01 PM
Yes I found that a bit odd but I dont think that any company would play a joke like that,
but its still a sign of how unaware they are of real world perception when they make such a big announcement on April 1st.

Paradiddle7
04/05/2014, 08:30 AM
It can't get any worse, that's for sure. Robby have you talked to Massimo to see if he has an intention to continue work on the controller, especially the software?

I was looking at Reef Angel and I like how they have a single dosing pump. My first dosing pump didn't last long. 1 channel broke at 4 months, the 2nd channel broke at a year but it does have 1 working channel, but I needed at least 2, I had to buy a whole new one for $350. If they were modular/single it would be cheaper to start dosing and cheaper to replace broken pumps.

Bui
04/11/2014, 05:44 PM
Wish Massimo would get on board to let us know of his intention. I'm in limbo with my Aquatronica. Invest heavily into it but debate on dumping it for something else.

nickjj
04/12/2014, 09:21 AM
Wish Massimo would get on board to let us know of his intention. I'm in limbo with my Aquatronica. Invest heavily into it but debate on dumping it for something else.

I agree Bui! I have no idea how Massimo expects to grow the company which is now entirely in his control when there is absolutely no communication at all.

There are many people like myself and you who have faithfully stuck with Aquatronica products and even purchased new items like the Touch Controller with the hope that they are actually trying to move forward.

Just wish they would at least start with us and at a minimum reply to our requests.

unze
04/30/2014, 03:29 AM
Aquatronica has the best controller
That must be a joke? I hardly see anyone using them. What makes them the best.

RobbyG
05/15/2014, 04:06 PM
Aquatronica is the best controller. The other controllers are just now (7 years later) on par with the orginal Aquatronica controller and even with that most of them still lack the reliability, accessories or flexability of the Aquatronica. Most new controllers are knock off versions of the Version1 Aquatronica and that shows you how far ahead they have been. My controller has worked flawlessly for 7+ years, no problems except for things that one would expect to go bad like Probes.

The new touch controller is years ahead of anything else on the market and will probably stay that way for years to come.

The problem with Aquatronica is not the product, it's their total disinterest in the NA market and that's why you see so few units in NA.

In europe and Asia they are a big player because I guess thats the focus of their activities. I would have loved to have once again jumped on board with the new controller but until they show me that they have some real interest I will stick with my older unit which still serves me very well.

My Tank is so fully automated that I only look at it to clean the glass and if an alarm goes off. My wife would say it's too automated because I have gotten lazy and don't even clean the glass as often as I should.

I have emailed Massimo several times and not gotten a reply and that pretty much speaks volumes. Those who have been around here for a long time will know the kind of work I put into helping them with product support and if I can't get a reply what does that say! I wish them well and I hope that one day they get their act together and realize that the North American market place is not something that you just pass on if you want to be a serious contender.

Robinson
05/28/2014, 02:02 PM
Aquatronica is the best controller. The other controllers are just now (7 years later) on par with the orginal Aquatronica controller and even with that most of them still lack the reliability, accessories or flexability of the Aquatronica. Most new controllers are knock off versions of the Version1 Aquatronica and that shows you how far ahead they have been. My controller has worked flawlessly for 7+ years, no problems except for things that one would expect to go bad like Probes.

The new touch controller is years ahead of anything else on the market and will probably stay that way for years to come.

The problem with Aquatronica is not the product, it's their total disinterest in the NA market and that's why you see so few units in NA.

In europe and Asia they are a big player because I guess thats the focus of their activities. I would have loved to have once again jumped on board with the new controller but until they show me that they have some real interest I will stick with my older unit which still serves me very well.

My Tank is so fully automated that I only look at it to clean the glass and if an alarm goes off. My wife would say it's too automated because I have gotten lazy and don't even clean the glass as often as I should.

I have emailed Massimo several times and not gotten a reply and that pretty much speaks volumes. Those who have been around here for a long time will know the kind of work I put into helping them with product support and if I can't get a reply what does that say! I wish them well and I hope that one day they get their act together and realize that the North American market place is not something that you just pass on if you want to be a serious contender.

We dont get much replies here in europe either, total silence from aquatronica. I have had the aquatronica computer for many years and is in general very happy. but now, with the touch controller problems and nada customer service im seriously thinking of getting another computer..

yukihiko
05/30/2014, 07:21 PM
Hi All,

I'm Yukihiko, creator of AquaMonitor.

I have received the message from Massimo in Facebook page below.
https://www.facebook.com/Aquatronica

He says that you can buy touch controller in Japan.

Best regards,
Yukihiko.

Gino555
05/31/2014, 09:27 PM
Only small problem nobody wants them anymore.

Aquatronica srl
06/06/2014, 12:49 AM
Hello Guys.
The day of our return is finally here.
First of all I think Aquatronica should apologize to all its customers on the U.S. market.

I could not say these things in the past, now that I am the owner of Aquatronica SRL finally I can tell you how things are.

In 2003 I created Aquatronica in a company which is called AEB Group.
This company operate the automotive market.
For many years, have a big company behind it was convenient, but over time we realized that this made Aquatronica slow, unorganized and not very attentive to distant markets.

The crisis in Italy has been and is still going strong and this has further pushed AEB Group not to invest in the Aquatronica brand

At the end of last year, I and my colleague Massimiliano we decided that this situation was no longer tolerable.
We believe in our work and know that is unable to be present as we wanted is really depressing.

For this we have made an important decision. Buy the brand Aquatronica.
Officially this has happened April 1, 2014, but start the new company took time.
Now we are finally operational, and we want them to begin to see the difference between the old and the new Aquatronica.

Now, our first target is to finish the promised products
I'm talking about the touch controller and the blackbox controller.

In Europe, our situation is much better and we want Aquatronica back to being a beautiful reality in U.S.

In the U.S. we have compared to competitors that make good products, do not think we are worse than them, but we know that in the past, our service was not like them.

Now we have much work ahead of us, we know will not be easy, but and if I and Massimiliano made this choice is because we want to change the Aquatronica's story.

I believe that in 2014 Aquatronica dimostare must all be of a different company, and better able to compete with the other companies on the market.

I think it's time to be present in person, and from today we will be.
I thank very much all the customers who have defended the name of Aquatronica in difficult times, and I hope that we can restart with them for a better future.

We'll need your help because our products have not only a European mentality, because the new Aquatronica not want to be only European but have a global mindset.

Sorry for the long answer, for the not good english but thanks if you read all this our message.

Massimo and Massimiliano
AQUATRONICA SRL

RobbyG
06/11/2014, 06:02 PM
Massimo it is great to hear from you on the forum. We have all hoped that this day would come that aquatronica would finally start to promote the product in a manor that it deserved. I look forward to hearing and seeing more from Aquatronica.

Robert

RobbyG
06/11/2014, 06:04 PM
BTW guys I have gotten a few emails from Aquatronica and it really does seem like they are going full speed with promoting the product in NA and getting support and service back to full capacity.

I will let you know more as I hear about it.

Bui
06/12/2014, 05:53 PM
do you have an ETA on when you may finish the touch controller?

Aquatronica srl
07/01/2014, 03:53 AM
Hi Buy,
we are trying to finish the internal firmware in this summer.
I think that from the next update (2.6) the product has a good technical level.
The 2.6 version will be ready in July.

Bui
07/01/2014, 05:28 PM
Great news.. Thanks for the update.

yukihiko
07/24/2014, 03:31 AM
Hi Aquatronica,

I'm a creator of AquaMonitor.

As you know, I have developed app for Aquatronica users.
My app are used for many users all over the world.

If you help me, I will improve AquaMonitor for many users.

Best regards,
Yukihiko
Japan

Robinson
08/14/2014, 05:10 AM
The 2.6 version will be ready in July.

Any news? or did you mean july 2015 ?

RobbyG
08/18/2014, 06:56 PM
Any news? or did you mean july 2015 ?

I will shoot him an email and ask whats happening.

Robinson
08/19/2014, 05:52 PM
I will shoot him an email and ask whats happening.

Thanks, but i have already changed my main computer to one with much better customer service and options... but i sertanly hope AT's next update come soon and give more working functions to users of ACQ140.... for my behalf, i've had enough with AT...

phinfan8
08/24/2014, 10:06 AM
I can't get on their website anymore.

Aquatronica srl
08/26/2014, 04:00 PM
Hi, Aquatronica will be present in the next fair MACNA 2014 in Denver. We present the version 2.6 of touch controller.

RobbyG
08/26/2014, 05:18 PM
Great, I am sure some Aquatronica Fans will be there. As for the 2.6 version I am sure they will all be eager to get a copy of it.

All the Best at MACNA.

Robert

yukihiko
08/26/2014, 11:55 PM
Hi Aquatronica,

If you support me, I will test touch controller ACQ140 in Japan.
I have received some questions how about support for ACQ140 from AquaMonitor users.
If I can test ACQ140 on AquaMonitor, I think that many users will buy ACQ140.

Ragards,
Yukihiko

ReefRescue
10/02/2014, 11:04 AM
hello everyone

we were at MACNA and had a great show. as Massimo mentioned above the company has gone through a revolutionary change as a result of being purchased by the original creators of the product. Many people may not be aware of this but even personally I had a hard time getting through to Massimo as a result of communication buffering being done by the previous mother company AEB. we no longer will have that issue.

We are in the process of having Aquatronica-USA prepared to launch in the near future so our customers can have full US based warranty service and inventory..

thanks to all the people that believe in us and see the quality in the product. we will also be at reefapalooza on October 25 & 26 at the Orange County Fair and Event Center.

I will have some great promotions for anybody that would like to come visit us at the booth. we will be at booth# 108 next to all the SCMAS Raffle booths.

I can be reached at [email protected]

thanks

Ashkan

moondoggy4
10/02/2014, 11:32 PM
^^^ I will be at RAP and look forward to seeing you guys there.

ReefRescue
10/02/2014, 11:46 PM
Excellent we will be welcoming all our long time customers and anybody that's ready to explore the new aquatronica.

ReeferMajor
10/05/2014, 08:21 AM
Excellent we will be welcoming all our long time customers and anybody that's ready to explore the new aquatronica.

So are you the USA distributor?

RobbyG
10/07/2014, 07:05 PM
It's the spuratic information that just keeps me wondering whats going on.
One minute it all sounds great then it is followed by a month of silence.

I use to check here several times everyday, then every week and now it's just about monthly.:uhoh3:

nickjj
10/08/2014, 08:14 AM
It's the spuratic information that just keeps me wondering whats going on.
One minute it all sounds great then it is followed by a month of silence.

I use to check here several times everyday, then every week and now it's just about monthly.:uhoh3:

I also agree with you Robby.

I am still waiting for the new software update that was supposedly going to be ready months ago that was said in a previous post on this forum. They apparently showed it at MACNA but what about the people that actually have a Touch Controller and have been promised this update for months or almost a year now since it release.

I find it amazing how patient I have actually been with this company. I think it's time for them to actually follow through on some of these random promises.

ReefRescue
10/08/2014, 09:29 AM
RobbyG and nickjj
we are actually in the process of establishing Aquatronica as a company in states. we have some bigger plans for the company in the future then what you have seen in the past. If you have any questions or concerns please email me
[email protected] and I can be reached on the phone as well PM me and I can send you my personal number until we have a company number her in the states.
the past month after MACNA has been super busy for us as we are working on all the logistics of setting up in Los Angeles and believe me its a very challenging process.

before we are fully setup I will be checking reefcentral every 3-4 days but as mentioned above I can be reached for any concerns and issues at my email full time. please allow me 24 hrs to respond as its impossible for me to communicate when I am travelling.

once we are setup we will have us based support and warranty for hardware immediately.
for software and technical support it will be a joined venture with Massimo and aquatronica in Italy.

RobbyG
what software version do you have?( assuming for the touch) what version was promised?

ReeferMajor
Yes we are Aquatronica distributor in US. We are the actual company in US.

Hope that answers all the questions

cheers

ReefRescue
10/08/2014, 10:50 AM
Yukihiko
please send me an email and we can discuss further.

nickjj
10/08/2014, 12:31 PM
ReefRescue,

I think your question regarding the touch controller software should have been directed to me not Robby. I started a thread last year in this forum when I was probably one of first to receive and use the touch controller in North America. I suggest you read some of those old threads.

I have been running a Beta version 2.5.21 since May 2014 which provides some of the remote functions that was sent to me directly by Massimo to try. I've been waiting for the release of 2.6 which was apparently shown at MACNA, which I don't understand why some users haven't even gotten a Beta version to try in a real world situation even before then.

You have to understand that the touch controller was initially being promoted to have all the remote capability from the get go and it changed when they actually launched it. That's why I figure the black box version is non existent since without the remote capability in the software it would be useless.

This Beta version of software which I've shown screenshots in the thread only provides basic functionality and I was hoping that 2.6 version would at least be available to download from the website since it was already shown at MACNA.

When will it be released?

ReefRescue
10/08/2014, 01:27 PM
Nickjj
I apologize yes that was meant to be addressed to you.
we are all running on very little sleep to try to cover all ends. Its very hard for our customers to realize what and why the complications have been in the past when Aquatronica was owned by AEB.

I may be able to clarify this by a comparison. if AEB is compared to the Nike corporation the Aquatronica was one of the large stores from nike in an outlet mall.

we have been trying our best to clean up the huge mess of all the undelivered promisses that was delivered by AEB and as you are very familiar with it just from your end imagine what we have been dealing with since we have become Aquatronica Srl in the spring.

You have my personal promise that we are doing everything we can to resolve all of this issues and move forward.

please email me and I will send you the new firmware in the next couple of day.

ReeferMajor
10/08/2014, 01:32 PM
IMO this is headed in the wrong direction already. They can't even take 30 seconds to check a forum and post. Excuses are just that...

ReefRescue
10/08/2014, 01:34 PM
what would you like to see more of

ReefRescue
10/08/2014, 01:52 PM
I can make sure that happens by December as both myself and Massimo are constantly travelling to deal with R&D and U.S. setup. As I mentioned above I can be reached everyday through my email [email protected]

and since this is ultimately about you the end user we are open to any and all suggestions of how we can make this experience more pleasant for you

nickjj
10/08/2014, 03:23 PM
I can make sure that happens by December as both myself and Massimo are constantly travelling to deal with R&D and U.S. setup. As I mentioned above I can be reached everyday through my email [email protected]

and since this is ultimately about you the end user we are open to any and all suggestions of how we can make this experience more pleasant for you

You could start by at least updating your Aquatronica website with current relevant information and progress. According to your website your parent company is still AEB Technologies.

I sent you a direct email as well, looking forward to your reply.

BriMc
10/08/2014, 08:16 PM
You really can't be serious ? Really? frickin vultures give the guys a chance. They just bought out the company and the legalities are a lengthily process and then re establishing themselves in their country and countries that they were big in should be their main focus. Unfortunately in the past the distributorship in the U.S. stunk and no focus was put on Aquatronica by the distributors making their sales in the U.S. I would guess pretty small. This transaction will take time, lots of time so instead of posting negative comments maybe contact the new owner directly via PM or their website. I am sure their website is the last thing we want them spending time on. Let them get the company on track and then I am sure they will update their website. I currently own three Aquatronica set ups on two different tanks so yeah I have a vested interest.

nickjj
10/08/2014, 09:37 PM
Gees BriMc lighten up. I was just making a suggestion as Ashkan was asking for input in a previous post. We all have the best interest in Aquatronica as well and want them to succeed. I have been in touch with many people at AQ and AEB directly over the years and now to try and help them as well as other users. I can assure you my posts on the forums don't amount to half of the direct communications I've had with people at AQ.

As a matter of fact Aquarium Obsessed a distributor of AQ in Barrie Ontario Canada close to where I live was a great company to deal with when I initially purchased my first controller over ten years ago. Unfortunately they went out of business years ago and I was left getting support from Italy.

I think it fair as a customer that has stuck with their equipment like you that the communication aspect of their progress be done regularly. It doesn't take that much time to do. More importantly I would hope that when they commit to something it is followed through or at least a proper explanation as to why it couldn't is given. I personally have been through a few company take overs and sales and in every situation it was crucial for the new company to communicate their progress to maintain our customers to generate revenue.

In the end I wish AQ all the best and have offered to help in any way I can.

ReeferMajor
10/09/2014, 06:29 AM
You really can't be serious ? Really? frickin vultures give the guys a chance. They just bought out the company and the legalities are a lengthily process and then re establishing themselves in their country and countries that they were big in should be their main focus. Unfortunately in the past the distributorship in the U.S. stunk and no focus was put on Aquatronica by the distributors making their sales in the U.S. I would guess pretty small. This transaction will take time, lots of time so instead of posting negative comments maybe contact the new owner directly via PM or their website. I am sure their website is the last thing we want them spending time on. Let them get the company on track and then I am sure they will update their website. I currently own three Aquatronica set ups on two different tanks so yeah I have a vested interest.

You are clueless and should speak no further on this issue. Nick has a very good grasp on this, we have been users from day 1.

BriMc
10/09/2014, 07:44 AM
Really a user since day one that is great so I guess no one else could be a user since day one either because you know everybody who bought a system when they first hit the market? Clueless why don't you speak no further until you know what you are talking about. Some people actually bought their units from Europe before they hit the U.S. Market. Now getting back to patiently waiting to here News from Aquatronica.

ReeferMajor
10/09/2014, 10:05 AM
Really a user since day one that is great so I guess no one else could be a user since day one either because you know everybody who bought a system when they first hit the market? Clueless why don't you speak no further until you know what you are talking about. Some people actually bought their units from Europe before they hit the U.S. Market. Now getting back to patiently waiting to here News from Aquatronica.

Yes actually I do. I imported the first unit from Italy. As I said, clueless.

ReeferMajor
10/09/2014, 01:50 PM
double post...

ReefRescue
10/09/2014, 01:55 PM
Hey everyone
We appreciate all the feedback and we are open to any suggestions as blunt as they may be, as we understand the frustrations over the years, but we rather focus on the improvement of the service and quality of the product then to worry about blunt comments so as much as we appreciate everyone defending the product let's stay civil and focused on the issues at hand in this forum as we believe that would serve both our customers and us best to have one of the best products in the market with impeccable after sales. And we all know this is not going to be realized over night for people that have doubt with AEB in the past and during our transition period.

As mentioned above I am personally available for all customers through my email for now until we have a full support team in North America

[email protected]

Thanks for all the feedback

yukihiko
10/14/2014, 04:34 AM
Hi AQT,

I'm a creator of AquaMonitor.
I am testing ACQ140 through AquaMonitor.
I have some questions of ACQ140 web interface.
Can I question to you ?
I think Massimo-san is very busy.
I want to contact to engineer directly.

Yukihiko
Japan

Yukihiko
please send me an email and we can discuss further.

ReefRescue
10/14/2014, 05:11 PM
Yukihiko-san
please email me exactly what you need and I can discuss with massimo when I talk to him

thanks

yukihiko
10/16/2014, 04:11 AM
Hi AQT,

Thanks for your reply.
And I have sent e-mail to you.
I can improve app "AquaMonitor" for Aquatronica users if you give more information.

Best regards,
Yuki

Yukihiko-san
please email me exactly what you need and I can discuss with massimo when I talk to him

thanks

RobbyG
10/31/2014, 11:37 PM
Yukihiko-san

thanks

I understand what is involved in setting up a new company, but I think that certain things should have a bit of priority. Mainly the user base which has just been waiting and waiting for something to happen.
Nick has been probably the most patient man on earth and I would think that shooting him an email with copy of the Beta software would not be such a big deal.

As for a big company assets like Yuki, I would have thought getting him a unit to develop Apple software would be priority one! It will take him months to do it so why not let him start now.

Anyway just my 2 cents
Rob

ReefRescue
10/31/2014, 11:58 PM
Hello Rob this is Ashkan all of the above mentioned have been actually addressed I have been personally in touch with Nick and he has gotten the better version. I believe that you have talked to Massimo with respect to some things and I am following up with that to make sure that happens with in the very near future also have talked to Yuki San and we are taking care of him as well.

nickjj
11/04/2014, 12:27 AM
I just want to say that Ashkan and I have spoken directly and emailed a number of times in the last month or so. He has forwarded me a few beta versions of the software to test which I am and I can say that each beta release has had many improvements and bug fixes. I have not had any issue with the beta versions working reliably and the remote capability is getting better with each release.

Robby, I wouldn't consider myself "the most patient man on earth" but in all reality the Aquatronica controller has served me well over many years and I plan on sticking with it. I do believe that the potential for this touch controller based on its architecture could provide a lot more capability in the future and possibly surpass some of the other high end controllers on the market one day.

The addition of Ashkan to the North American market will definitely help develop and support the brand better as well. So far even though it has been a long journey it appears there is a definite light at the end of the tunnel.

ReefRescue
11/08/2014, 02:09 AM
Nick
thanks for the support and the feedback. I am very interested in all the feedbacks I can get as we are going to have our sitdown in a month in Italy.
we will be meeting everybody in the company to look at all our challenges and to be able to have a better platform for our customers not only in north america but worldwide.

please email me all your feedback and suggestions.

[email protected]