PDA

View Full Version : Announcement - new apex controller!

aquamanic
04/01/2014, 04:50 PM
PRESS RELEASE

Neptune Systems, LLC
Morgan Hill, CA

NEPTUNE SYSTEMS ANNOUNCES THE NEXT GENERATION OF APEX AQUACONTROLLER

Neptune Systems is pleased to announce the revolutionary new UBER-APEX controller.

The UBER-APEX builds upon the heritage of the previous 4 generations of award-winning Neptune controllers, but introduces a radical new approach to aquarium automation: voice recognition and artificial intelligence. We call it Niri. (It seems that Siri was already taken.) The UBER-APEX understands 137 languages, including Spanglish, ancient Minoan, Gullah, and for those of you who have a penchant for viewing the APEX Fusion web site in Swahili, we support that too. Just start a conversation with the UBER-APEX, and through a series of guided voice prompts, Niri will listen to you explain how you want to operate your lights, your pumps, etc., then translate that into the necessary programming commands for you. UBER-APEX uses voiceprint technologies to determine who is an authorized user. Niri will also alert you if something is wrong. Initially, Niri will offer warnings in a calm, even sexy voice. Sharon Stone lent her voice for this. But if Niri does not receive vocal acknowledgement from an authorized user within 5 minutes, the voice alerts will increase in volume and use increasingly attention-getting voices as needed to get a response. If no one acknowledges alerts within 15 minutes, Niri will shout warnings in the voice of Fran Drescher at a volume level equivalent to that of a B-52 on a low-altitude bombing run.

The UBER-APEX is fully backward-compatible with all existing APEX Aquabus modules. However, an entire new series of UBER-APEX Aquabus modules will be coming soon. Just a few we have planned for release later this year:

· DJM – The DJ Module will control advanced LED lighting fixtures in changes colors and strobe in sync with your favorite disco and hip-hop tunes. iTunes and iCloud integration is a core part of this functionality, or you can load all of your favorite songs in MP3 or AAC formats to the 5TB of solid-state storage in the DJM. A multi-gesture touchpad on the DJM enables you to easily do turntablist actions like scratching and beat juggling. We want your fish to be happy wild party animals! A special mode is available (only in December per the season table) which only plays bad remakes of Christmas tunes by country artists. And it syncs with the natural lunar cycle to facilitate spawning – for three days around full moon, it plays a special mix of tunes from Barry White, Enigma, Larry Graham, and Annie Lennox to help your clownfish “get it on.”

· WRS – The Water Recycling System module is an all-in-one ATO, AWC, and tank water & skimmate collection/reprocessing system which continuously takes dirty tank water and skimmate and turns it into crystal clear laboratory-grade purified water, and recovers and re-adds salt which would otherwise be lost through traditional water changes and the discard of skimmate. No more waterchanges! No more RO-DI units! No more stuck float switches! No more getting yelled at for dumping skimmate down the kitchen sink and causing family members to uncontrollable retch upon walking into the kitchen for the next hour!

· MPS – The Multiple Probe System performs an impressive array of measurements: temperature, salinity, pH, ORP, dissolved oxygen, calcium, alkalinity, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, iodine, DOCs, TDS, cholesterol, glucose, testosterone, and lastly, for those of you who share your stash with your fish: cannabin levels.

Pricing and availability to be announced at a later date.

FullBoreReefer
04/01/2014, 05:28 PM
April Fool's...

Wonder how many wanna preorder bahahahaha

artpics
04/01/2014, 05:28 PM
Nice try:clown::fun2:

bsagea
04/01/2014, 05:53 PM
Nice one Al:wavehand:

ska d
04/01/2014, 06:44 PM
Whew, just blew up at my coworker about how I finnaly got my apex all set up with everything I wanted. And its obsolete. I've been burned a few times today. Fell for BRS 70g cube as well.

ska d
04/01/2014, 06:45 PM
Voice recognition would be cool though.

lnevo
04/01/2014, 06:47 PM
Someones done that with a reef angel controller...they posted an update on it a few days ago :)

James77
04/01/2014, 07:19 PM
Voice recognition would be cool though.

Not with the results I have had from Siri :hmm5: