PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer Dilemma with pics

MSUschmidt
04/02/2014, 10:29 AM
I have an older, but pretty big CPR Skimmer. I want to possibly use it on a 100 Gallon Tank. Rated for 200-250 Gallons I believe, and is 26 inches tall and 6 inches in circumference. Decent sized unit I thought.

For the love of all that is good, I can't get it running right.

I am running a Rio 2100 Venturi Pump. CPR says Now they recommend a 2500 pump.

NO matter what I do, I can't get the bubbles to get bigger towards the neck. I've got additional airline air adjustment dial to tweak the air intake, and the adjustment on the skimmer only brings the water level higher.

I've always been told that the longer the bubbles stay in contact with the water the better skim it will produce.......

So is this Old Big Monster worth using if I buy a Larger Pump, or do I scrap it and buy a whole new skimmer??????????????

tkeracer619
04/02/2014, 01:45 PM
The rio pumps aren't much good. It would work better with a new pump. In the end I think you are probably better off replacing it all together but you can probably get it working as setup now.

It doesn't need bigger bubbles at the top, sometimes that just takes time.

Some pics of it setup and running would help a bunch.

MSUschmidt
04/03/2014, 06:21 AM
I'm so confused about this right now LOL. I've been told My pump is not big enough, and also that my pump may be giving off too much flow (which I don't see how)

I've actually taken it out and am using a smaller skimmer that's working for the time being or I would have pics sorry. It's on the floor like you see it above. I have 4 small fish in a 100 Gallon, so I've got time to work on this one or buy another one.

Any tips on how to Modify this???????????/