PDA

View Full Version : Simple Equipment for SPS Tank

Hentz
04/04/2014, 11:29 AM
I set up a 75 gallon reef which I plan on doing SPS with. Already have quite a bit in there from my Solana and running an 8 bulb Aquaticlife on the tank. Also have a reef octopus 110 running with a sock in the drain.

Aside from that, what else should I throw on the tank to better SPS growth and color? I'm running a fuge with chaeto and macro algae, and wanna keep this setup simple.

Aaaron
04/04/2014, 11:33 AM
What are your parameters? Calcium, Magnesium, Alkalinity and salinity and ph. How long has the tank been set up.

jda
04/04/2014, 02:07 PM
I use heaters, flow pumps (tunze), calcium reactor, HQI and a skimmer. Lights run off of $8 timers. That is all.

No controllers, media reactors, dosers, top off or anything else. Simple and effective.

ramseynb
04/06/2014, 02:35 AM
That's tough to answer without more information. For example, if you feed heavily or have a large bioload, you may want to use some sort of bacterial filtration (zeovit, redsea, biopellets, vodka, etc). Furthermore, frequent water changes will only be able to keep up with calcium demands for so long. Once they aren't able to, you'll need to invest in a kalk reactor, calc reactor or two-part.