PDA

View Full Version : Feeding ocellaris

grussell
04/04/2014, 05:20 PM
Getting near my first fish purchase. Going to get 2 juvenile ocellaris for my 75(20 gal qt first). I've read about their feeding habits. In general, what do folks here feed their ocellaris, and how often? I've got some mysis, some crab pellets, some algae wafers, and algae sheets. I was thinking some mysis plus some flakes at times(don't have yet)

Randy Holmes-Farley
04/04/2014, 05:27 PM
Mine eat almost anything, except perhaps nori. :)

oscarinw
04/04/2014, 05:38 PM
Mine eats the nori too :)
The best is to provide a balanced diet. A bit of everything including kitchen items such as finely chooped mussles, clams, fish and shrimp.

danil
04/04/2014, 05:41 PM
They are all tank bred so they are not picky with food. All type of flakes, pellets, shrimps etc. They won't eat nori sheets or picking on your GHA though. How often? Once or twice per day is enough and use more high quality pallets than frozen. Frozen food is great but has more phosphates and has lower nutritious value. It's not required for clown so you can use it as a treat.

Crooked Reef
04/04/2014, 05:43 PM
They love cyclopeeze. New life spectrum pellets too but if the fish are too small they will get them stuck in their mouth so I would wait until they were a little more mature.