PDA

View Full Version : buying fish, cleaner crew, and coral

scott3569
04/05/2014, 05:40 AM
So here is my question..Would you rather buy your stock from an LFS or from someone online?

If you buy online where do you buy from?

I ask, because I have an LFS, near me however they have already tried to sell me crap I don't need, so I am not sure how much I want to trust them

johnike
04/05/2014, 05:56 AM
If that's the case, online is your best bet. Live Aquaria is top notch for online livestock.
Reefcleaners.org is great for cuc, free shipping on crew packages.

ChimolaFish
04/05/2014, 06:48 AM
You can try phishybusiness.com, they are my lfs and have a good reputation online, but plus one for the above.

Pigpen17
04/05/2014, 07:24 AM
If that's the case, online is your best bet. Live Aquaria is top notch for online livestock.
Reefcleaners.org is great for cuc, free shipping on crew packages.

I have ordered from both and was very happy both times.

My LFS are not the best. There is one localy owned that is good, but dosen't carry a lot of stock, and Petcos, where I just won't buy from anymore. The last time I went into Petco, they fish guy was selling a person a saltwater fish and a tank for it at the same time. I just thought, who can do that to a fish or a person?

scott3569
04/05/2014, 12:13 PM
I have ordered from both and was very happy both times.

My LFS are not the best. There is one localy owned that is good, but dosen't carry a lot of stock, and Petcos, where I just won't buy from anymore. The last time I went into Petco, they fish guy was selling a person a saltwater fish and a tank for it at the same time. I just thought, who can do that to a fish or a person?

WOW THATS BAD!!!!

I know I am not the most savvy person...But, I had a 36 gal tank that I made(well tried) to a saltwater tank, and that was a flop cause I didn't know any better, BUT NOW, holly crap I wouldn't even thing of buying any live stock from petco..They are good for some things..But not that, most of us just assume that they know what they are talking about because its a big name brand store, and that is so far from the truth!!

Flyguysc
04/05/2014, 06:38 PM
I like to support my local economy. I'm fortunate to have a excellent lfs in my area. I have purchased some inverts from Petco and all are doing well but I would not buy fish from them. I have actually seen fish in there tanks with itch like symptoms and dead bodies. They do have good prices on supplies, pumps etc. If one has a qt maybe, just not for me.