PDA

View Full Version : coral beauty white spot/spine? identification

stantheman
04/05/2014, 10:25 AM
I picked up a beautiful coral beauty a week ago and it's had a little white spot on its tail that I can't figure out what it is. The fish looks acts very healthy and has great bold color. It almost looks like it could be a white spine just below it's anal fin but can't tell for sure you can see it in the picture attached but this spot has not changed since getting the fish. Any help from the much smarter than I people on reef central is much appreciated!:wave:

HumbleFish
04/05/2014, 11:24 AM
Can't tell for sure from the pic, but if it's only on the tail then it could be Lymphocystis.

stantheman
04/05/2014, 11:26 AM
It's a very small spot like 8th of an inch long an looks like a spine. This fish was treated with copper for 2 weeks before I got it. Would that kill it? If it is lymphocytes how can I be sure? How can I treat that?

stantheman
04/05/2014, 11:45 AM
I wouldn't say it looks like any kind of a colaflower growth either which is what lymphocytis is right? I also see a very very tiny white spec on his side I mean very tiny had to sit with nose on side of aquarium for 20 min to notice it however that one does seem to raised just a tiny bit again it's almost microscopic. Would a preventative fresh water dip be a good idea?

MrTuskfish
04/05/2014, 12:25 PM
I can't tell what this may be, but I doubt its anything to worry about. Lympho is a virus that will disappear with pristine water and good diet.

stantheman
04/05/2014, 08:27 PM
Thanks guys any more input greatly appreciated! !!!