PDA

View Full Version : My plumbing setup, please critique

PaulF757
04/05/2014, 08:38 PM
This pic tries to show everything. Ran out of 1.5" pipe to extend the drains into the sump. The full siphon is complete, should I add another union below the gate valve to adjust height of the pipe going into the sump since I don't know what the final height will be?

The return line starts at 1.5", to a T, from the T it downsizes to 1" to run the 4 piece manifold. The manifold will be capped off on the left hand side for future expansion, I may even try to run the skimmer if I can from that side, the right side will drain into the fuge with a gate valve to control the flow.
The return continues to a 1.5" gate valve, then a Wye. The wye reduces to 1", from there I will use flex pvc to connect to the 1" returns. The returns are reduced to 3/4" at the top of the tank, two unions before that, then two 3/4" loc line with 3" flare nozzles per side.

Should I add a union on the return between the GV and the wye? It's 1.5" until the wye where it splits into 1".
from the wye I'll use PVC flex to the unions.

PaulF757
04/05/2014, 08:39 PM
Pic of return line.

PaulF757
04/05/2014, 08:40 PM
Pic of external overflow, BeanAnimal.

Crusinjimbo
04/06/2014, 04:42 AM
Paul, recommend your include a rough diagram of your layout. It's a bit tedious to follow all the verbal details and visualize for analysis. IMHO :)

Mrramsey
04/06/2014, 06:00 AM
Paul as long as your drain line is 1/2" to 1" below the top of the baffle it empties into it will be just fine. As for additional unions I always look at it from an adjustment/maintenance perspective. Look at it and ask yourself "if I need to service this can I easily remove it in one piece". If the answer is no then add a union.

Here is a pic of my BA.

Its a little dark sorry. You can see where I have unions. I have them on all of my drains since I use 45's it allows me to adjust the position as needed. I can also remove my return pump and the lines to the five and skimmer areas for service or to add additional equipment in the future.