PDA

View Full Version : Lifereef overflow box

sundance2011
04/06/2014, 12:56 PM
I just received my LifeReef single overflow box. I'm excited to set it up. As exacting and meticulous as Jeff is I was surprised to find no information on setup what so ever. This is my first sump and overflow box.

The basic assembly of the box is a no brainier but I have no idea how to get it started or how to install and setup the silencer. There are 2 small airlines (one in the silencer and one extra coiled up) I have no idea what to do with and I see no fittings for these airlines.

I couldn't find any setup info. on his web site, maybe I just missed it.

Could anyone with one of these give me some pointers or point me to the setup if I have just overlooked it?

moondoggy4
04/06/2014, 01:00 PM
I can tell you how to get it primed, I use a Tom's Aqua Lifter place a airline tube at the high point of the u tube make sure the part that sucks is in the u tube.

sundance2011
04/06/2014, 01:18 PM
Thanks, found a Utube video on that and some videos on the silencer but nothing that goes into much detail, I can see it working but not exactly how to set it up.

Once it is going you don't need the air tube or suction but do you leave it in there just in case?

sundance2011
04/06/2014, 03:04 PM
Found directions ...Thanks!

moondoggy4
04/06/2014, 03:22 PM
No remove the air line tubing once you get it up and running.