PDA

View Full Version : Yellow bellied regal angels

Ingasar
04/09/2014, 01:02 PM
I have read that yellow bellied regals are more hardy than the other regals. Is this true? I have heard that they are supposed to be from the Red Sea. Is there another area that the yellow bellied regals can come from. Are they as hardy? :)
Thanks

snorvich
04/10/2014, 09:23 AM
I don't know about healthier, but they are more likely to eat in captivity. There is a thread about regal angels (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389107).

albano
04/10/2014, 10:28 AM
Is there another area that the yellow bellied regals can come from. Are they as hardy? :)
Yellow/orange belly regals are from Maldives/Indian Ocean/Red Sea...due to collection/handling/shipping it is probably best to avoid Regals from the Philippines/Indo-Pacific

snorvich
04/10/2014, 10:30 AM
Yellow/orange belly regals are from Maldives/Indian Ocean/Red Sea...due to collection/handling/shipping it is probably best to avoid Regals from the Philippines/Indo-Pacific

Yes, I definitely agree with that. In my case, I try to avoid all fish collected in the Philippines/Indo-Pacific

las
04/23/2014, 10:14 PM
I've been hearing that the Philippine fish are being collected with more care lately. I'm not sure if that's true.

I have a Red Sea regal and in my opinion it's the best coloration of the group. More orange instead of yellow. The orange makes the blue pop more

snorvich
04/24/2014, 09:27 AM
I've been hearing that the Philippine fish are being collected with more care lately. I'm not sure if that's true.

Perhaps. But perhaps not universally so. I still avoid fish from this area.

las
04/24/2014, 03:33 PM
Perhaps. But perhaps not universally so. I still avoid fish from this area.

That's prob a good idea