PDA

View Full Version : Magnificent (ritteri) anemone/ designer clown

ItsTheNano
04/09/2014, 02:32 PM
Anybody in the LA area have a healthy established Ritteri for sale? Or know of a place where i can get one? Central LA area preffered but might travel for the right specimen im also looking for a nice designer clown picasso or onyx preffered but post here what you have. If you are from oc & frequent LA often we can also meet up.

davocean
04/10/2014, 02:51 PM
Most any place can and will order something for you.
Many LFS don't keep mags or ritteri's in stock as they can be challenging to keep, but once in a while I see one.
Mine came from Reef lounge USA in OC, and they did say they get them once in a while.
You also have Jims exotic fish in El Segundo that is cool, but probably will order for you rather than have one.
Vivid in LA sometimes has them.

ItsTheNano
04/10/2014, 03:03 PM
Most any place can and will order something for you.
Many LFS don't keep mags or ritteri's in stock as they can be challenging to keep, but once in a while I see one.
Mine came from Reef lounge USA in OC, and they did say they get them once in a while.
You also have Jims exotic fish in El Segundo that is cool, but probably will order for you rather than have one.
Vivid in LA sometimes has them.

Thanks for the reply, i have contacted reef lounge & got no response from them & i dont want to drive out there & find out they dont have any in stock. I was looking for an established one but if nothing comes up i will call my LFS's & ask if they have anything in stock thanks.

davocean
04/10/2014, 03:09 PM
Pretty rare I see anyone giving up an established one private party, but you may want to scroll down and check the local to your area forums.

D-Nak
04/10/2014, 05:24 PM
I was in L.A. last week and a couple places had mags. Pasadena Tropical Fish had a couple of large ones. I also called Pet Supreme in Sylmar, had the person who answered in the fish section said that they had mags. I was skeptical and never had time to swing by to confirm.

Keep in mind that if you want a mag with Onyx clowns, there are reports that the black pigment in the clowns may fade. There are a few threads on this forum. Just do a search and they'll pop up.

TinManx
04/10/2014, 08:01 PM
There was an established H. magnifica on craigslist for quite a while last month. I was contemplating driving down and grabbing it, but couldn't find the time. I don't see the ad anymore, but maybe it will pop back up.

I bought another off CL in LA around 10 years ago for $20.