PDA

View Full Version : Should I sell this candy cane/frogspawn in person or trade in for store credit?

EnderTurtle
04/09/2014, 11:08 PM
I have a candy cane with 25+ heads and I'm not sure if I would get more money selling them whole or individual frags or trade in for store credit.

Which way will get me more money?

Also have a frogspawn with 20+heads

Which route will give me the best bang for my buck?

Reefer54
04/10/2014, 12:13 AM
depends on what you are seeking. you can probably get a decent deal for the frogspawn on trade towards livestock, but maybe not towards to dry goods as much....IMO.

The candy cane, you are best to sell in frags. 25 heads is not that many, though i am sure it nice, caulestra is just not that highly saught after....try craigslist and ebay.

good luck

username in use
04/10/2014, 06:36 AM
Do you have a local reef club? Check the forum list on here. If so, you can probably sell it as a whole or frags locally and get at least the same as the store trade in. You may also be able to trade for things you would be buying anyway.

Local reef clubs are the single greatest resource for coral selling/trading.

FTDelta
04/10/2014, 06:38 AM
+1 ^

Badlands25
04/10/2014, 06:40 AM
Frag both and sell via craigslist/local reef club. 25 head is a nice start for a showpiece cc but you need to find someone looking for that showpiece. So IMO fragging is best way to get $$$ quick

vivicat215
04/10/2014, 09:12 AM
Frag both and sell via craigslist/local reef club. 25 head is a nice start for a showpiece cc but you need to find someone looking for that showpiece. So IMO fragging is best way to get $$$ quick

Agree!

cloak
04/10/2014, 11:39 AM
Being that neither one of those corals is really in high demand, I would just trade them in at the LFS and cut your losses. Taking the time to frag each coral, and then playing the waiting game as far as selling them goes just sounds like more trouble than they're worth IMO. Good luck though.

snorvich
04/10/2014, 03:02 PM
Being that neither one of those corals is really in high demand, I would just trade them in at the LFS and cut your losses. Taking the time to frag each coral, and then playing the waiting game as far as selling them goes just sounds like more trouble than they're worth IMO. Good luck though.

I agree. And I would never sell on Craigslist since they would have to come to my home.