PDA

View Full Version : Another one of those threads! Radion pros vs ati hybrid

KritikaL
04/11/2014, 05:57 AM
Ok so

I'm currently running 2 radion pros above my 4 foot tank and I have a 6 foot tank upgrading in about a month.

My question is do I carry on with the radions which I'm having some success with or sell them up and go for a 5 foot ati hybrid.

If I stick with radions I'm gonna have to buy 1 more radion maybe two which will be 1.2k Gbp cost or if I sell my radions for about 400 each I could get an ati hybrid for around 1700 meaning a 900 quid cost.

I've seen so much success with this ati hybrid and the colors it gives. People using it on Zeovit show tanks and people using if on triton show tanks and then I saw the ati show tank and nearly creamed my pants.

I've yet to see a radion tank with the colors and the growth that the ati gives :/

Any help would be much appreciated!

mark54321
04/11/2014, 06:30 AM
Before I started my new tank I had the same debate, Radions or ATI? Glad I went with ATI, this light is class above any other right now IMO, there will be argument about cost of bulbs replacement, but to me it is ridiculous, if you spend this kind of money on a fixture anyway.

tommmys
02/08/2015, 04:05 PM
I am thinking about switching to ati hybrid on my tank which is 6ft 27 high 27 wide. I am currently using 3 radions but have heard so much about these ati fixtures. I think my tank could use one more radion but may sell my 3 and get ati. How did you guys make out did u switch

benjc
02/08/2015, 07:49 PM
I'd try and find someone with the ATI so you can see how it looks in person. With the T5 bulbs, I expect it will have a completely different look.