PDA

View Full Version : Eheim 1000 Pumps?

Raoul5Duke
04/11/2014, 07:01 AM
I am getting ready to order a Renew Pro + Storm Pro bundle but I have a question regarding the Eheim 1000 pumps that are included in your complete package. My RO/DI & Saltwater mixing tubs are around a corner and 12-16 feet away from where my sump will sit. So I will likely need to pump up to the wall mounted water change reservoirs (approx. 4-5 feet) and then horizontally 12-16' to the sump. The 12-16' run can be angled some so it flows down to the sump which will be approx. 20-22" off the floor.

Do you think the Eheim 1000s will still be sufficient? (max HH of 6'7" from what I have seen) If not do you have a recommendation for a stronger pump? Are there any things I should consider on a pump and how it works with the reservoirs or the rest of the system?

GenesisReefSys
04/11/2014, 06:33 PM
Hi Raoul5Duke,

You are correct - the EHEIM 1000 Compact pump is probably going to be somewhat undersized for your installation, at least for one of the Metering Reservoirs. Many installations require only one pump that is larger because the Metering Reservoirs are often mounted close to either the sump or the mixing bin; the pump in that location doesn't have to pump as far and therefore may not need to have a higher head capacity than the EHEIM 1000 Compact.

In the event that you do need a larger pump, any pump that can deliver 1 gallon per minute to the Metering Reservoir at the required head and that draws less than 2.5A continuously can be used. There are a variety of pumps out there that will meet higher head needs and that are readily available at many LFSs. Their prices range from relatively inexpensive to some higher priced models, but you should be able to find one with more than enough head pressure for a cost of between $60 and $90 without too much effort.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Kevin

Raoul5Duke
04/12/2014, 06:33 AM
Thanks. I ordered my system this morning.

GenesisReefSys
04/12/2014, 06:50 AM
Thank you for your order! It will be packed out today and will ship first thing Monday morning.

Have a great day!

Raoul5Duke
04/23/2014, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the feedback & the fast product delivery. Got my system about two days after my order.