PDA

View Full Version : Duncan trouble

Sbeyer
04/11/2014, 01:31 PM
Looked thru other threads first, but nothing like this. Picture shows brown blotches and closed (mostly) buds. All appeared within past 2-3 days. Prior, stems were perfect green and the the buds were fully open most of the time. Only 3 weeks in the tank. Fed mysis every other day or so. Became a favorite.

Light is pretty strong, flow is light, bottom 1/3rd of a 45 gal. Water tested today with no flags. Almost 0 phosphates. I also have one zoa that is slowly shrinking; while another zoa is going great.

The brown spots are not slimy, instead like skeletal.

New to the community; very impressed with the apparent competence and kindness of the group. Advice to save a favorite?

CoralReeForrest
04/11/2014, 03:11 PM
If you have revive I'd say give it a dip and give it lower light to see if he can make a comeback. Could be a bacterial thing? Never seen it, though I only have a year so maybe more experienced person could chime in.

CoralBeauty13
04/12/2014, 02:15 AM
yes, coral dip fast. I lost a colony to brown crap before that started on the stalk and worked it's way to the polyp. low lighting and very minimum water flow for less stress.