PDA

View Full Version : Food For Pakistan Butterfly Fish

Freind
04/12/2014, 12:55 PM
Hello,
I'm trying to find that other than frozen food and flacks, what the Pakistan Butterfly Fish eat. I prefer something in form of pallets. Sometimes we stay out for 2-3 nights and pallets are easy to use with the automatic feeder.
Thanks,

julie180
04/12/2014, 04:15 PM
Its not like there is a diet made for them. You need to do trial and error to find out what yours will eat. I have a copper banded butterfly who will not eat anything but frozen food.

dmh41532
04/12/2014, 06:47 PM
yep, it's basically trial and error. according to live aquaria, most specimens will only take fresh and frozen foods. There may be a pellet food they will take.

Freind
04/12/2014, 09:24 PM
yep, it's basically trial and error. according to live aquaria, most specimens will only take fresh and frozen foods. There may be a pellet food they will take.

Thanks,
What diet cat they belong, as per Live Aquaria they are Carnivore and as per animal-world.com they are Omnivore.

Also as per live Aquaria, their suggested tank size is always higher from other web site and that for all fishes.

Thanks

bnumair
04/12/2014, 10:10 PM
try pakistani/indian food tandoori chicken etc,
Just kidding. Try frozen mysis or brine shrimp and if that fails find some live black worms.

Edit: sorry i didnt read properly, you want something dry.
I would start with mixing pellets and flakes with frozen food and keep reducing the frozen stuff less and less till ur left with only pellets or flakes.

saltykisses
11/26/2014, 04:42 PM
Try the mussel trick... Buy fresh live mussels, put them straight in the freezer, now he night before pop one mussel in the fridge.. Nxt morning take mussel out should be opening a little.. Open it a little more with a small knife.. Stick it in your tank .. This will engage their foraging drive and they will go back time after time..