PDA

View Full Version : Coloration on fish, Please help!

sptfyre51
04/14/2014, 05:35 PM
I have a blue devil damsel that has a coloration on the side. I have no idea what it is. It looks like there oil on top of water (kind of a like a rainbow). Does anyone know what it is and how to treat it? The salinity and water levels are fine. Right now it is the only fish in the tank other than snails and hermits. I've tried to upload a picture but it won't load

Newsmyrna80
04/14/2014, 06:21 PM
How long have you had it? Did you quarantine it? Since you can not upload a pic it is hard to diagnose but based on what you said and the fish is a damsel you may want to check out uronemia. It is been fairly prevalent in damsels lately.

sptfyre51
04/14/2014, 06:31 PM
I've had it for about a week. I did not quarantine it since it was going to be the only fish in the tank. How do I check for uronemia? I've never heard of it before. I think I got the picture to attach

MrTuskfish
04/15/2014, 12:14 PM
How long have you had it? Did you quarantine it? Since you can not upload a pic it is hard to diagnose but based on what you said and the fish is a damsel you may want to check out uronemia. It is been fairly prevalent in damsels lately.

He's psychic! Based on the pic, its still hard, but I'd guess uronema too.