PDA

View Full Version : Tube Coral (Cladacora Arbuscula) not opening and fading in color

hunterisgreat
04/15/2014, 09:03 AM
I added a few weeks ago a tube coral. It was doing well and eating at first, but its now staying closed and losing color... what do I need to check? Ammonia, Nitrite are zero, Nitrate near zero (<5), magnesium 1350, ph 8.2, temp 75. I had it on the side of the tank without high direct light as LFS said it wasn't terribly photosynthetic. Should I move it in the tank under more (or less) light (or flow)? Anything else I need to check for?

julie180
04/15/2014, 09:21 AM
Size, age of tank, type of lighting, other tank mates, phosphates, calcium, alkalinity. Much more information needed to help you.

hunterisgreat
04/15/2014, 09:30 AM
Size, age of tank, type of lighting, other tank mates, phosphates, calcium, alkalinity. Much more information needed to help you.

tank 210
tank mates: jawfish, basslets, blenny, gobies, cowfish, flounder, CUC w/hermits. Haven't seen anything messing with or even crawling on the coral. A nearby Manicina areolata that seems to be doing fine.
size? Tennis ball sized
type of lighting, presently 50/50 Actinic white and actinic 40w fluorescents x 8... I have an 84 3w LED setup I just need to solder (so let me know if I need to drop what I'm doing and get on that).
I'll measure calcium and alk asap
phosphates should be lowering due to phosban reactor but haven't measured.