PDA

View Full Version : Sexy arrivals today

GT350pwns
04/16/2014, 08:10 AM
I have 3 sexy shrimp arriving today ordered through my LFS. They said that they come in really small (~1/4 in - 1/2 in) and I'm wondering if there's any tricks when I introduce them that will lessen the chances of them being taken out when they go in.

I don't have any aggressive inhabitants or invert predators, but I'm worried that they'll get nippy due to the small size of the sexy shrimp. B&W oce, snowflake oce, yellow watchman goby, hi-fin banded goby and 2 cleaner shrimp are the tank mates they'll be meeting.

clay12340
04/16/2014, 08:14 AM
After quarantine put them in a breeder net or acclimation box for a while to get up to speed in the tank. When you let them out release them directly into the rock work instead of dumping them in the top of the tank where the food comes in. Depending on your critters/feeding schedule I've found it also helps not to move them to the tank when the lights are dim.

Cymonous
04/16/2014, 09:26 AM
Put them in while the lights are off and fish are not swimming around yet. This gives the shrimp a much higher chance of survival.