PDA

View Full Version : Loud MP40

chrisqueenz
04/16/2014, 01:52 PM
Hi all,

I have owned my Mp40 for years now(4-5) and believe it or not, it is the original MP40 model that came out. Has worked flawless(with the exception of wetside replacements). However, now I am beginning to hear what appears to be the bearing making a LOUD noise and of course the red Led flashing after being on for a few min. I own 2 MP60W's and another MP40. Was wondering if this is the end of the road for my MP40?

Thanks,
Chris

Alex Y EcoTech
04/17/2014, 06:53 AM
Chris,

This is not the end. I would recommend sending the MP40 into us for service. We do not charge for our time only for any parts involved with the repair. If you would like to send the unit in, please go to http://ecotechmarine.com/support/request-service/ and fill out our Return Materials Authorization form to receive the necessary email and other information you need to send in your part/pump for service.

chrisqueenz
04/18/2014, 05:11 PM
Great, I will do that. My fish are missing the flow.

Thanks,
Chris

K916
04/23/2014, 12:01 PM
The sound of my MP40's is driving me insane

I sent one for a service to Ecotech and it came back louder than usual. The courier back and forth cost me as much as a new MP40

:-(

Alex Y EcoTech
04/24/2014, 06:38 AM
The sound of my MP40's is driving me insane

I sent one for a service to Ecotech and it came back louder than usual. The courier back and forth cost me as much as a new MP40

:-(

That doesn't sound right... The pump will need to re-break in, I would recommend running the pump in constant mode and gradually increasing the speed for a week. Also, I would love to discuss this with you further please email me directly. Service@ecotechmarine Attn: Alex

K916
04/25/2014, 08:21 AM
That doesn't sound right... The pump will need to re-break in, I would recommend running the pump in constant mode and gradually increasing the speed for a week. Also, I would love to discuss this with you further please email me directly. Service@ecotechmarine Attn: Alex

Thanks Alex

I've sent you the email trail and look forward to hearing from you