PDA

View Full Version : Where are you running your power heads?

Mrramsey
04/17/2014, 08:49 AM
Things are going well so far. I am getting ready to start the cycle on my tank. I have been struggling with the placement of my power heads though. I am running 2 Jebao Wp25's in my 48" 120g right now I have them about 6-7" below the water surface angled slightly downward. It seems that everywhere I direct them I end up with mounding sand somewhere else. Would it be better to place them low and angle upward?

thegrun
04/17/2014, 08:59 AM
I usually aim one slightly down and one up towards the surface. What type of sand are you using? In a high flow tank fine grained sand is difficult to keep in place. Sand will blow around less over time as the grains start to bind together. Sometimes just a slight rearrangement of your rocks will help also.

Mrramsey
04/17/2014, 09:01 AM
I am using caribsea special grade seafloor. Its not horrible just aggravating. I am only running at 75%

jerseygurl
04/17/2014, 09:34 AM
It's really going to depend on the flow generated by your return pump. The key is to not have any dead spots. I do like to keep on low in the tank running across my sandbed.

whosurcaddie
04/17/2014, 09:44 AM
I have the same setup 120 4ft with special grade. If you move them higher up I have mine about 3 inches from the surface pointing exactly parallel to the bottom of the tank. Use w1 s1 and dial the pulse all the way to its longest setting I think you will be set. Point them lengthwise down the tank and see if that helps you.

If you dont like the wave that this setting gives you turn the pulse dial back until the wave is gone.