PDA

View Full Version : Lighting in 20g long

syngraves
04/22/2014, 12:01 PM
I know this question is all to common and there is plenty of write ups around but Im looking for recommendations from you guys on the forum.

My tank is a mixed reef with mostly zoas and shrooms along with a frogspawn and hammer. all are healthy and happy but growth seems slow. steady but slow lol. tanks is 30" long 12" deep and 12" front to back with about 1.5" sandbed.

Currently i have a Fluval Full spectrum LED light bar about 2" off the waterline. I dont have any kind of PAR meter or anything to measure with. I was looking to upgrade to something with more control of power like a dimmer and eventually set up a timer.

So any suggestions? I preferably wanna stay with LEDs also

Thanks in advance!

jdraider75
04/22/2014, 04:17 PM
I have a hydra over my 20 long zoa and palys tank. Hangs 12 inches above water.

syngraves
04/23/2014, 11:10 AM
I have a hydra over my 20 long zoa and palys tank. Hangs 12 inches above water.

and you have good results with that i assume? ive never heard of hydra so im gonna look in to that

jdraider75
04/23/2014, 03:33 PM
Yes I have had good results but just zoa and palys in my tank. I put it on acclimate mode for a month and corals are loving it now. I like being able to ramp up and down all the leds. Look up aqua illumination hydra. But there are lots of different controllable full spectrum led fixtures out there just research them. I was lucky my local fish store has themthem and he let me mess with the controller over his tank. I liked them and bought them. Good luck.

SmoothSmoke
04/23/2014, 04:40 PM
Reef Breeders Photon 24 would be perfect for your tank.