PDA

View Full Version : Cadlights

jvilla58
04/22/2014, 03:13 PM
Hey guys I just wanted to know if cadlights tia skimmers are good. There are not many reviews about them so here I am asking you guys. Thank you

jvilla58
04/22/2014, 09:48 PM
Anyone have any input?

vpaul79
04/23/2014, 12:26 AM
I had a TIA-1150. This is a solid skimmer, well built and pulled skim very well. I was quite pleased with it considering its small footprint. You can break it down to clean it, but it does use plastic screws which I didn't care for. I used it for 1.5 years and it never had any start-up issues. I sold it when I upgraded to a larger tank.

mkj
04/24/2014, 01:20 PM
I have version 1 of PLS-100 pipeless. Its ok. When its toned in correctly it works great but can be finicky. I updated it to version 2 which is a little screw that keeps the updraft pipe tighter which has helped.

After around months of use the bubble production slowed down and it took me some time to figure out it was salt creep that had gotten into the air hose at the submerged connection into the pump. Once I figured that out its working just like new.

For me the small footprint was a necessity so this was really me only choice for skimmer. For what it is, its a +1 just a little finicky.