PDA

View Full Version : Tired of it....Should I just Frag it ?

CoralBeauty13
04/22/2014, 03:45 PM
I've posted questions about this leather for months because it hasn't open or anything. It was ok for a few weeks and now the last seven ,eight months ,,,nothing !!!! Everything else in the tank, including other leathers have tripled in size....Should I just chop it up and start over ? Almost a year now and nothing has changed with it's behavior. Frag it ?

First pic, was with in it's month or so in the tank , then wham.

miguelp19
05/02/2014, 12:38 AM
Have you tried moving it around your tank? Maybe it doesn't like where its at or maybe it gets too much light. If it is already irritated, I am not sure that chopping it up into pieces will solve the issue. It might just end up killing it.

Gundo5000
05/02/2014, 11:39 AM
Do your clowns host it?

CoralBeauty13
05/04/2014, 09:57 PM
I have moved it a few times in almost a year. After it's last wax over, several months ago, it never bounced back. It has been in this place, closer to the light/flow, now for four months and....nothing. It's pretty big (when it was happy) but now just an eyesore.

No ,the clowns host the hairy Mushroom near the bottom.

Mynx
05/04/2014, 11:49 PM
Have you checked your Calcium? Mine goes into depression if the Calcium drops below 475. So, I boost mine to 500 every week, just for him haha! I'd also check him over for parasites in the night (I say night, because you don't see any during the day, obviously, otherwise it would be fixed! :) )
I'd also look around his base and make sure nothing is touching him at any time, even sweepers. If he's still stiff to the touch, he's just really unhappy but not dead, so I've found out.

CoralBeauty13
05/05/2014, 10:00 PM
Yeah, it's really tricky, I have another leather that is over 16in wide, and a colt leather that spreads to 22in and just over 13in high...so don't know why this guy is so unhappy.

CoralBeauty13
05/05/2014, 10:09 PM
that leather in the middle was the same size as the one i'm having a problem with. They came together at about 8in wide. It grew crazy, but the fiji just doesn't like me I guess. I'll move it once more near the bottom and see what he does.

Mynx
05/05/2014, 10:41 PM
Well hopefully you figure it out and don't just chop him up, he's a beautiful one!

CoralBeauty13
05/05/2014, 11:27 PM
yes...i can't do it...i think it's more of frustration. I'll let him do what he does....I'll move it till it's happy.