PDA

View Full Version : What a colorful fish and need help

jmowbray
04/22/2014, 06:42 PM
I want a nice brightly colorful fish. Something bright yellow (I love yellow tangs but I know tank size requirements). I also love the orange and red of flame angels but know they sometimes nip coral and don't really want to take a chance. I want something that's an active swimmer but wont harass my other fish. I had a sixline and love him/her but it beat up my firefish. I also have a court jester goby and was amazing but after a year he started to get slim. Therefore, I decided to give him to someone with more food for him.

My tank specs are below:

Frag Tank: 20 Gallon long (30"x12"x12")
• 1-2inch fiji pink sand bed, 2lbs live rock

Pump: HOB Fluval C2

Skimmer: REEF OCTOPUS BH1000 HOB

Lighting: AI hydra Color

Water Movement: 1x Maxi Jet 600 PRO with Hydor FLO Rotating Deflector

Dosing:
•Ca, alk. Mg.

Heater: Finnex HMO-100

Controller: Digital Aquatics RKL
•2 PC4's

Topoff:
•JBJ ATO
•Toms aqualifter
•5 gallon water jug

Fish:
• A. Percula 2x
• Purple Firefish

Coral:
• Green Sheen Acropora
• Aussie Acan Lordicon
• Green Moseleya Moon Brain
• Teal Acropora
• Yellow Porites
• Alveopora
• Teal Maze Brain
• Hollywood Stunner Chalice
• Nuclear Green Zoas
• Yellow Polyps
• Monti Cap
• Pulsing Zenia
• Frogspawn
• Metallic Green Mushroom
• War Coral
• Finger leather
• Green spongodes
• Bubble Coral
• Green Toadstool
• Green and Purple Duncan's
• Blastomussa
• Encrusting Gorgonian

Invertebrates:
• Maxima Clam
• Nerite Snails
• Brittle Star

Thank you for all of your help everyone!

pelu
04/22/2014, 07:21 PM
Midas blenny or yellow assessor?

Dmorty217
04/22/2014, 07:53 PM
+^ yellow assessor is a good choice or yellow candy hogfish,they get about 4" full grown. Your clowns will pick on any new addition so I would rearrange some rock work and reacclimate the clowns with the new addition to solve aggression issues

hobbzz
04/22/2014, 08:09 PM
I second the midas. Better color than the assessor and lots of personality. Actually my favorite fish.

velvetelvis
04/22/2014, 08:38 PM
My vote goes to a canary fangblenny, Meiacanthus oualanensis. They're a beautiful golden-yellow, very peaceful, and always out in the open. ORA breeds them, among other facilities.

o2manyfish
04/23/2014, 01:00 AM
Perhaps a flame hawk?

Great personality - bright color - Always out and about.

Dave B

jmowbray
04/23/2014, 09:12 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll check into them all. I have another question regarding gobies. I have read many places that unless you have a large tank don't add more than one. I have my firefish which some call a dartfish but others call gobies. Which is it and could I add a blue neon or a shark nose goby?

Dmorty217
04/23/2014, 09:23 AM
With your tank size I wouldn't add anymore fish after the "yellow" one you pick. Any fish with the same body shape and like colors are likely not to get along in a saltwater tank

Flashy Fins
04/23/2014, 09:24 AM
Royal gramma is as bright as they come and cheap. :fish2:

skiwez
04/23/2014, 11:29 AM
There are a couple of different damsels that fit the bill. It's generally tough to recommend damsels for any situation, but a 20 gallon tank that have a couple of clowns and a fire fish that ought to work out well.

Blackmouth Bicolor Chromis
Bluefin Damselfish
Talbot's Damselfish