PDA

View Full Version : achilles with ich

lebrown87
04/25/2014, 03:36 PM
Hello all,

I have a very nice achilles tank who has been in quarantine for about a week. This afternoon I noticed he has multiple spots highly suspicious for ich. I know these guys are quite susceptible to it and put a first dose of cuppramine in my qt today. I did a 100% continuous water change about 2 days ago and am mixing more tonight. I took a picture but it came out too grainy and he is moving too fast to get a better one.

He is currently living in a 55 gallon qt tank, but I have a 10 and a 20 long up and ready. Any thoughts on using a tank transfer to move him or would the extra stress of being in a tank that small, even for a day or two, be more than it is worth? I can swap him over tomorrow morning to the 20 long

He is currently swimming well and eating well. There are no other fish in the qt tank.

Allmost
04/25/2014, 03:46 PM
if you are sure its ICH, then TT would work fine, and the fish shouldnt mind being in a small tank for a couple of days.

but achilles could also have something else ! like velvet, which TT wont help with, so might as well stick with the copper treatment you started ?