PDA

View Full Version : How to raise ph with window closed

Kaman8
04/28/2014, 12:56 PM
Summer is already here in Hong Kong and i have to close all my windows because i need turn the air conditioner on every day. So the windows will probably close for at least 4 months.
My ph is dropping in the tank.......checked today and it was 7.7 and KH was 8.1. Did add some Seachem reef buffer to the tank, but PH doesn't want to raise and KH was raised to 8.9. Can't add more buffer, because i doesn't want the KH raise above 9. Normally with window open my PH is 8.1.
I can't open the windows......it's so hot without air conditioner. It's 30 celcius and that is 86 fahrenheit.
What can i do???? Please help me

By the way.......why is the buffer not working???? This is the first time that i have used it. I thought it said that it will raise PH.

downbeach
04/28/2014, 12:58 PM
Can you run a piece of tubing from your skimmer to an outside air source? Using a CO2 scrubber would help some. Kalkwasser in your top off will help some, but you'll have to watch your dosing, since it's also adding both Ca and Alk.

Kaman8
04/28/2014, 01:05 PM
Can you run a piece of tubing from your skimmer to an outside air source? Using a CO2 scrubber would help some. Kalkwasser in your top off will help some, but you'll have to watch your dosing, since it's also adding both Ca and Alk.

I can't add kalkwasser because my calcium is already on the high side. My tank is pretty far from the window. Are there very long tubing?

downbeach
04/28/2014, 01:09 PM
I can't add kalkwasser because my calcium is already on the high side. My tank is pretty far from the window. Are there very long tubing?

It sounds like a CO2 scrubber is your only option.

Kaman8
04/28/2014, 01:20 PM
It sounds like a CO2 scrubber is your only option.

My tank is 3,5 - 4 meters from the window. Are there 4 meters tube???

downbeach
04/28/2014, 01:39 PM
You should be able to get 1/2" vinyl tubing almost anywhere.

Kaman8
04/28/2014, 01:42 PM
Really need to raise , my flower pot coral is starting to die. It was doing so well before I got drop in ph.

sugardaddy1979
04/28/2014, 01:53 PM
Here you go. I juice bottle, soda lime (can you get that in HK?) and a skimmer.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2097651&highlight=co2+scrubber

Kaman8
04/28/2014, 02:08 PM
Here you go. I juice bottle, soda lime (can you get that in HK?) and a skimmer.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2097651&highlight=co2+scrubber

I am not sure.........never heard of it here. I will go to lfs tomorrow and see what they have

sugardaddy1979
04/28/2014, 02:17 PM
I am not sure.........never heard of it here. I will go to lfs tomorrow and see what they have

Doubt the lfs will have it. Here you get it from inert gas providers. It is usually used by anesthesiologists to get rid of co2 as a byproduct.

It's funny, I spent years trying to boost co2 in my freshwater tanks at great expense to grow plants. Now I'm trying to scrub it out. Always chasing something I guess.