PDA

View Full Version : Any idea what this web looking stuff is on torch?

Docdiggy
04/29/2014, 03:54 PM
This web stuff is starting to spread up my torch coral? Kinda looks to be irritating it. It looks like a thick spider web with tube like holes randomly in it. I can't figure out how to display a picture from my phone on this site.

cloak
04/29/2014, 04:04 PM
Without a picture it's going to be really hard to identify, but the tube like holes you described sounds like it might be a sponge of some sort. Is it only on the skeleton of the torch coral, or are the polyps being smothered by this web looking stuff as well?

http://www.lionfishlair.com/hitchhiker/hitchhiker.shtml

Docdiggy
04/29/2014, 04:39 PM
As of now it's only growing on the skeleton. It's getting close to where the flesh meets the skeleton. The tubes look like some kind of vent. This coral was dipped last week in coral rx for white bugs. It did nothing to the bugs. The coral spit out white chunks. I'm wondering if it's still recovering from that. I also did a Bayer dip less than a week later. It killed the bugs and the coral didn't mind that dip at all. My point is, I know the growth is right under the flesh and that head won't fully extend. Could this sponge make it mad or is it still recovering from losing the white chunks? I read sponges are good. Could it take over the torch heads?