PDA

View Full Version : Drug of choice

tassy
04/29/2014, 07:38 PM
Looking in the near future to get a gig. (More than likely just a tan one from LA.) These are the antibiotics I have available. Which one or combo do you think would give me the best coverage? Will follow the 10 gal tank, 50% WC per day and dose at lights out.

amox/clav-875mg

penicillin v potassium-500mg

clindamycin-150mg

doxycycline hyclate-100mg

doxycycline hyclate-50mg

Any input would be much appreciated.

THNX in advance

John

OrionN
04/29/2014, 07:42 PM
I would get Cipro. We have the most experience with this and it should give the best coverage, and cheap.

Reefahholic
04/30/2014, 05:28 PM
I would get Cipro. We have the most experience with this and it should give the best coverage, and cheap.

Cipro is an H. Mag's best friend.

tassy
04/30/2014, 06:29 PM
Ok. Let me rephrase the question. Of the antibiotics listed what would be your choice. Since we are dealing with the unknown maybe I could try something new. Just looking for some insight to these choices as far as coverage and water compatability, also do they break down with light?

THNX again

John

Reefahholic
04/30/2014, 08:02 PM
Amox

ca1ore
04/30/2014, 09:55 PM
You're going to get a RC demerit for that title!

tassy
05/01/2014, 10:15 AM
Any suggested daily dosage?

THNX

John

OrionN
05/09/2014, 09:10 PM
You just have to do search and read about how each of these antibiotic get breakdown in the environment. The spectrum of activity of each. Your guess as to what are the bacterial involve and put them all together. It is not really easy to choose an antibiotic and intelligently guess the dosage and determine how to dose.

MachPilot
05/10/2014, 07:50 AM
As a physician, Cipro/Septra preparations. See Minh's post. Its not that easy. Light degradation etc all play a part.

If you HAD to experiment, would likely do a two part Clinda/doxy (150/100)Tx...but again it would be raw experimentation. Or straight Clinda....but at 300mg daily dose. (maybe 150 2x a day)

tassy
05/12/2014, 07:25 PM
Thank you. That is the responce i have been looking for. Now that cipro is not the cureall and people are looking for other alternitives, Ive decided to try what i have on hand and just needed a little input. I understand this is a crapshoot as was the original cipro experiment. I am very grateful for all the hard work that many of our members have done. I also understand that giving a anemone a human antibiotic was a huge risk and the benifits from that will reward all members. My only remaining question on that dosing is would that be 24 hrs WC.
And I just feel there has been alot of tension on this board and everybody should step back take a breath and post a reply.

PEACEOUT

JOHN