PDA

View Full Version : Calcium reactor starting point

joedc
04/30/2014, 06:17 PM
Ok so going from dosing to a reactor. So here's the setup 120 with kr2. Arm coarse. Neo mag. Sicce 0.5 looking for a good starting point for ph. Bubble count. Effluent drip also I did order a bulkhead for my ph probe so it will be apex controlled

tkeracer619
04/30/2014, 06:32 PM
K2R Calcium Reactor by Advanced Reef Technologies. Discontinued.

How much are you currently dosing?

First, ditch the arm course and go with arm regular.

If you must use the course (it is intended for much larger reactors) I would start with a ph of 6.1 and slowly increase your effluent flow rate until the tank is stable and you no longer need to dose.

This will impact your tanks ph more then say ARM Standard that would dissolve at 6.5ph. You will likely have to drive the reactor much harder than if using the proper media.

If you want a true set and forget system look into an "aquarium plants carbon doser" and a continuous duty peristaltic feed pump. Its a good read if you want the best setup possible and have the budget to pull it off :)
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2368618

ken6217
04/30/2014, 06:43 PM
+1

Ditch the course.
Ken

joedc
07/16/2014, 05:50 AM
Ok so reactor still going well even with the coarse media alk stable around 9 calcium at 450 co2 is around 2 bps effluent is a drip or 2 per second changes as valve needs readjustment ph is set off at 6.52 back on at 6.55