PDA

View Full Version : Can I add Dottyback and Angelfish???

cvsailer
05/01/2014, 09:13 PM
I have a 92 gallon FOWLR with the following fish:

2 clowns
1 blue/green chromis
1 foxface
1 coral beauty
1 convict blenny
1 kaudern cardinal
1 royal gamma
1 vrolik wrasse
1 blue spotted puffer

A friend of mine is breaking down his tank and he offered me a Lemon Peel Angel and a Purple Dottyback. Are there any compatability issues adding these fish to my current display tank (after they are in quarantine).

Thanks!

Ahanix
05/01/2014, 10:25 PM
You might have issues with the coral beauty and the lemonpeel, but the tank should be big enough.

SaltyTony
05/01/2014, 11:51 PM
I believe you may have an issue with the dottyback and the gramma.

snorvich
05/02/2014, 05:34 AM
I believe you may have an issue with the dottyback and the gramma.

I agree.

Nina51
05/02/2014, 05:41 AM
dottybacks are evil!

cvsailer
05/02/2014, 06:56 AM
I agree.

Steve, what is your thought about adding the Lemon Peel Angel to the tank with the Coral Beauty? Is the tank large enough (92 gallons) for both?

snorvich
05/02/2014, 07:31 AM
Steve, what is your thought about adding the Lemon Peel Angel to the tank with the Coral Beauty? Is the tank large enough (92 gallons) for both?

Yes. There will be chasing, however. Best is with an acclimation box to try and diffuse the initial territorial aggression from the existing dwarf angel. If you do that, be sure to release the new angel just before lights out.

cvsailer
05/02/2014, 08:34 AM
Yes. There will be chasing, however. Best is with an acclimation box to try and diffuse the initial territorial aggression from the existing dwarf angel. If you do that, be sure to release the new angel just before lights out.

Does the chasing subside over time, or should I expect them to be continually chasing each other? I have a peaceful tank right now, so I'm hesitant to upset the apple cart. However, if it's manageable I would like to add the Lemon Peel...I assume this scenario is isolated to the Angels and would not impact the other fish?

Cymonous
05/02/2014, 09:38 AM
Just an FYI, I had a Lemon Peel Angel and my One Spot Foxface did not like the Lemon Peel at all. There was a lot of tail whipping. I ended up taking the Lemon Peel back to the LFS.

cvsailer
05/02/2014, 04:33 PM
I'm NOT going to add the Dottyback. I'm going to see how it goes with the Lemon Peel Angel. What about adding a snowflake eel? My friend has one of those too. See my original post for the other fish in my 92 gallon FOWLR. Thanks!

cvsailer
05/02/2014, 08:13 PM
any thoughts on the snowflake eel?

cvsailer
05/03/2014, 09:11 AM
I don't mean to be a pest, but I would love to get the group's opinion on adding a snowflake eel to my tank. Please see my original post for the tank size and current fish. Thanks in advance for your help!!

GT350pwns
05/03/2014, 09:37 AM
From all of my reading, if you want to add a snowflake eel you need to be prepared to lose any and all ornamental shrimp, bite sized fish, and just fish that look all around tasty. There are always exceptions, but I don't think I would try it.

Most docile small eel seems to be the dwarf golden moray.