PDA

View Full Version : Reef books??

Curtispants
05/03/2014, 04:26 PM
I'm just wondering what are the latest and greatest in the way of reefkeeping books? I used to have copies of The Conscientious Marine Aquarist, Aquarium Corals...but my favorite was a book about the best home aquariums. It was an outdated book, but I loved it.

Anyway, my storage unit in GA was broken into during a deployment to the desert and all of my stuff was stolen so I no longer have my reefkeeping books. (I wasn't the only one btw, and it happens way more than you think)Now that I'm looking to get back into the swing of things with a little 50 or so gallon tank for my baby to enjoy while growing up, I'd like to look into some new books.

So what are the new books everyone has to have? I like books about tanks, corals, fish, equipment etc etc.

Thanks!

Curtispants
05/03/2014, 04:28 PM
Oh, I just remembered, I had an AWESOME book that had an accompanying dvd! The book was hardcover I remember. The dvd was just a long video of the tank with music...but it was an amazing tank. Wish I still had them, or could remember the name.

Crooked Reef
05/03/2014, 04:57 PM
The pocket expert guide series. There is marine fishes, reef fishes and one in invertebrates. All of the info is easily obtainable on the internet but your baby will love looking at the pictures. Plus when they get a bit older they can help pick out fish for the tank based upon what the books say. My three year old sleeps with one of mine in his bed at night.