PDA

View Full Version : LED Question

jayblock
05/05/2014, 09:20 PM
I am in real need of new lights and i want to get rid of my noisy halides. I was thinking of LED's. I don't understand the new technology, if someone can just be very blunt and tell me what they recommend for my tank rather than me struggle to research it would be greatly appreciated. I am currently running a 90 gal bow tank which is 48in wide x 24in Height and only have 12 inches deep so the fixture needs to be no more than 12inches. i was hoping it came with stands so i can perch it on top without hanging from my ceiling. IF any of you have this tank and a led fixture they would recommend or are familiar with what i would need Please give me your input. Any links directly to the fixture would be the most helpful.

Thanks
Jay

zachts
05/06/2014, 07:20 PM
The two options that first come to mind would be Reef Breeders Photon 48 if you want controllers or a pair of the budget fixtures if fine with just on/off and manual dimming. or BuildmyLEDs.com fixtures. two or three 48" strips depending on what you grow for corals.

If you wan't more bells and wistles (at a steap price) then a pair of Radions or a pair of the Hydra 52.
Kessils are also nice if you like tons of shimmer but you might need more than just two of them.......

You'll get many opinions there are literally hundreds of LED solutions that will work for growing any corals you might have, alot comes down to what you want to spend and the look of the system you like.