PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected Departure

JonnyD91
05/06/2014, 07:14 AM
So I was planning to downsize from a 90G In-wall tank and sump to a ~40G AIO, due to moving and not having the time to dedicate to a larger tank. Well to my surprise my house went under contract in 3 days on the market and it is looking like I will have 60 days to break down the 90 and repair the wall. The kicker is I am really close to buying new construction that hasnt been built yet. If I do that My wife and daughter and I will be living with our parents for 6-9 months :uzi:

So i have nowhere to set up a new tank for that time, but i would have a really hard time giving up a few fish that I have had for almost 10 years.

My realistic thought is picking up a Nuvo 16 for the 6-9 months and eventually moving to the ~40 AIO. However I have to make some hard decisions of which fish i can keep.

Currently I have:

Clown (9Yrs)
Yellow Tang (7Yrs)
2 Green chromis (9 1/2 yrs)
Flame angel (1 year)
Tiger watchman goby(1 yr)

So I have come to terms with having to say goodbye to the tang, I just need to find him a good home. The clown stays, he is my boy. So its a matter of the rest of those guys which can I realistically keep in the 16?

They are all not aggressive at all, which is nice.

So what do you guys think?

eb2292
05/06/2014, 07:39 AM
Maybe get a couple small standard glass tanks? Just temporarily.
Or see how much your LFS would charge you to board them for the time being?

thegrun
05/06/2014, 07:54 AM
The Flame Angel wll likely get very aggressive in a small tank, I had one that went nuts in a 50 gallon tank. I suspect no one would bother the Golby, but there could be problems with three damsels (the clown and two chromis) in the same tank.