PDA

View Full Version : XXL Rabbit fish not eating

jarrett shark
05/06/2014, 08:52 AM
I have a 12"-14" Rabbit fish that I got from a buddy like 10 weeks ago,he been eating like a pig everyday. The past 48hrs he stopped eating and I notice his stomach getting real skinny.

Does anyone one know how and what to treat with?

I think it must be internal parasite. My issue he is so big I dont have a QT big enough for him....
I have been adding fish over time but after I do a 4-6 week QT to make sure they been eating. I been buying coral like crazy so maybe I got something from that???

would you try fresh water bath?

HumbleFish
05/06/2014, 09:31 AM
F/w dip would be a good idea to check for flukes, but nothing will fall out if these are intestinal parasites. If he has flukes, Prazipro is reef safe & should take care of the problem. Have you noticed any stringy white poop coming out of him?

dominic
05/06/2014, 12:21 PM
just went through this with a 8 inch blueface . I did prazi a week ago and he is back to eating like a pig. don't know if it was flukes but I treated my 400 gal because I had my qt full.

DgenR8
05/06/2014, 02:13 PM
I know this fish personally, he grew up in my 220. He was never one to shy away from anything edible and I am pretty concerned about him.

jarrett shark
05/06/2014, 06:57 PM
Thanks guys
Does prazi ok for adding to reef tank or do I need to QT then add it.
Can you send me a link so I know what brand is better to buy plus don't want to mess it up

HumbleFish
05/06/2014, 08:47 PM
Thanks guys
Does prazi ok for adding to reef tank or do I need to QT then add it.
Can you send me a link so I know what brand is better to buy plus don't want to mess it up

It is reef safe, save feather dusters/tube worms. This is the brand I use: http://www.hikariusa.com/solutions/healthaid/prazipro/