PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Livestock from That Fish Place

Itchy Trigger
05/06/2014, 06:26 PM
I know LiveAquaria and Blue Zoo are kind of the go to places for online fish purchases, but neither of them has the fish I'm currently looking for (one spot fox face). They do have them at That Pet Place/That Fish Place. I've ordered dry goods from them countless times over the years, but never live fish. Are they worth ordering from?

breederforlife
05/06/2014, 06:45 PM
I never ordered from them but i know a guy who has and there wasn't any problems. But if you can wait for the fish to turn up at LA or blue zoo might be a good idea just to be on the safe side.

Itchy Trigger
05/06/2014, 07:37 PM
These guys have them and are close to me...

http://www.nyaquatic.com/servlet/the-54/Foxface/Detail

What's the scoop on NYAquatic?

albano
05/06/2014, 07:44 PM
Give Michael a call at NYA, and you can go to Yonkers and pick up the fish yourself!

chriscobb
05/06/2014, 07:45 PM
All I can say about TFP is quarantine and I mean quarantine....

Itchy Trigger
05/06/2014, 08:05 PM
Yes, leaning towards NYA for sure. And thanks for the TFP warning, Chris. Think I'll pass on them (though quarantining is my standard practice!).

bizacon
05/06/2014, 08:26 PM
Give Michael a call at NYA, and you can go to Yonkers and pick up the fish yourself!

What store is in yonkers? I am up in Tarrytown.

Squidmotron
05/06/2014, 08:40 PM
I also noticed from TFP they didn't have quite a bit of stuff I ordered. So they just tried to sub. So don't take the web site at face value.

Itchy Trigger
05/06/2014, 08:55 PM
I also noticed from TFP they didn't have quite a bit of stuff I ordered. So they just tried to sub. So don't take the web site at face value.

Well, that's definitely not good! Thanks for the heads up.

albano
05/06/2014, 09:18 PM
What store is in yonkers? I am up in Tarrytown.
There is at least 3 fish stores in Yonkers (other than chain stores) but I was referring to NY Aquatics, which is by appointment... you must call ahead, it's a warehouse location, nothing fancy, but a lot of livestock.

usmc121581
05/07/2014, 05:46 AM
I live 45 mins from them, I have only had 1 fish survive the trip back. Also there ordering system is the worse, go to LA. Not to mention when I did buy fish there I felt like I was in court for a murder charge from all the questions they ask you. I do get some questions but to put me on trial is outrageous

Itchy Trigger
05/07/2014, 06:51 AM
I live 45 mins from them, I have only had 1 fish survive the trip back. Also there ordering system is the worse, go to LA. Not to mention when I did buy fish there I felt like I was in court for a murder charge from all the questions they ask you. I do get some questions but to put me on trial is outrageous

What questions did they ask you??? :hmm5:

mcozad829
05/07/2014, 06:53 AM
If it were me I would just sign up for the in stock alert from live aquaria. I wouldn't think it would be too terribly long before la had one.

Itchy Trigger
05/07/2014, 10:12 AM
If it were me I would just sign up for the in stock alert from live aquaria. I wouldn't think it would be too terribly long before la had one.

I may just do that. Will check in with NY Aquatics first though. Thanks everyone!

usmc121581
05/07/2014, 11:37 AM
What questions did they ask you??? :hmm5:

The one that always would stand out, you shouldnt mix these fish. Regardless what I was getting, it was you shouldn't get it because of x,y, and z.

Some of the others I understand, what tank size, how long has it been up, etc. I do look at that as a positive.

Itchy Trigger
05/07/2014, 11:48 AM
The one that always would stand out, you shouldnt mix these fish. Regardless what I was getting, it was you shouldn't get it because of x,y, and z.

Some of the others I understand, what tank size, how long has it been up, etc. I do look at that as a positive.

I can see how that would be irritating. Anyhow, just ordered a foxface from NYAquatic. Should be here tomorrow!

Itchy Trigger
05/08/2014, 10:15 AM
Big thumbs up for Michael at NY Aquatic. Great looking foxface just arrived. Great packing, everything perfect. 👍