PDA

View Full Version : Flow required thru skimmer

Osama
05/06/2014, 08:39 PM
In my new system of 500 g plus three by 65 g for a total of almost 700 gallons, our installer has provided a separate pump for the skimmer, A diablo DC10500 and it is setup at the lowest speed/flow level of the six available levels. Due to excessive bubbles in the DT the installer placed today a valve on the inlet to the skimmer to cut down on the flow back into the sump from the skimmer which seems to be the primary source of the bubbles. Not sure if this will help of not (will determine that in a day or two) My question do I have adequate flow for a 700g system for proper amount of skimming??? Any advise is appreciated

Osama
05/07/2014, 05:22 AM
In my new system of 500 g plus three by 65 g for a total of almost 700 gallons, our installer has provided a separate pump for the skimmer, A diablo DC10500 and it is setup at the lowest speed/flow level of the six available levels. Due to excessive bubbles in the DT the installer placed today a valve on the inlet to the skimmer to cut down on the flow back into the sump from the skimmer which seems to be the primary source of the bubbles. Not sure if this will help of not (will determine that in a day or two) My question do I have adequate flow for a 700g system for proper amount of skimming??? Any advise is appreciated
LOOKING AT IT THIS AM WITH A FRESH SET OF EYES: I believe the valve is on the return from the sump, not on the supply side. Is this OK for the performance of the skimmer & the system is all good?