PDA

View Full Version : Flasher wrasses and sexy shrimp

GT350pwns
05/07/2014, 06:51 AM
Have been debating some sort of flasher wrasse but I am partial to my sexy's and my cleaners. Will a flasher leave my inverts alone?!

snorvich
05/07/2014, 07:53 AM
Have been debating some sort of flasher wrasse but I am partial to my sexy's and my cleaners. Will a flasher leave my inverts alone?!

they should be fine

Sugar Magnolia
05/07/2014, 08:16 AM
Yep, no problem with flashers and shrimp.

GT350pwns
05/07/2014, 08:39 AM
What about a bipartitus leopard? Can't decide lol. I'm really starting to love the look of the leopard and thinking I'm willing to attempt it...

Marshall O
05/07/2014, 12:35 PM
What about a bipartitus leopard? Can't decide lol. I'm really starting to love the look of the leopard and thinking I'm willing to attempt it...

I don't have any experience keeping a Leopard with Sexy Shrimp, however it should do fine. Leopards hunt for pods, and generally stay away from ornamental inverts (including feather dusters). Halichoeres...not a chance I would risk it!

GT350pwns
05/07/2014, 02:25 PM
Do you know if the leopards depend solely on pods or would they do fine once they are feeding on prepared food? I don't think my tank is big enough to support a population of pods but I'm SUPER interested in getting a leopard. they are beautiful!

CedzAquAddictio
05/07/2014, 02:47 PM
You may want to hold off for a while... Leopards do well with accepting prepared foods, but are extremely temperamental fish IME. If you have the chance, gain some experience with less touchy fish before stepping up to a leopard. I was given this advice a while back on this board, and haven't regretted.

How large is your tank, anyway? Though not essential, I normally keep a steady pod population going as many fish will graze on the LR all day and will end up eating pods as a result whether they are hunting for pods or not.

BTW: The advice and experience I've gained on this board made me the proud owner of the healthy Potters wrasse in my avatar. It wasn't an easy journey, but was worth the wait!!!

Marshall O
05/07/2014, 03:18 PM
You may want to hold off for a while... Leopards do well with accepting prepared foods, but are extremely temperamental fish IME. If you have the chance, gain some experience with less touchy fish before stepping up to a leopard. I was given this advice a while back on this board, and haven't regretted.

How large is your tank, anyway? Though not essential, I normally keep a steady pod population going as many fish will graze on the LR all day and will end up eating pods as a result whether they are hunting for pods or not.

BTW: The advice and experience I've gained on this board made me the proud owner of the healthy Potters wrasse in my avatar. It wasn't an easy journey, but was worth the wait!!!

Excellent advice here. I did the same, waiting until I had a well established larger tank before attempting Leopards.

evolved
05/07/2014, 03:48 PM
Halichoeres...not a chance I would risk it!
It would be like an appropriately sized meal of lobster, in that instance. :)

GT350pwns
05/07/2014, 04:48 PM

Tank is a 36 gal bowfront with ~35-40 lbs of LR. Almost 4 months old. I wouldn't be opposed to waiting to make sure that the fish will be as healthy as possible. I have a 10 gal that I could set up as an observation tank for it before it goes into the DT to help make sure that it will take to prepared foods. I'm hoping the 36 gal would be satisfactory for keeping a species of leopard, as it is one of the fish that I would really love to own. But, I also want it to be able to thrive!

Beautiful Potter's, btw!