PDA

View Full Version : looking for some fish help

FoxfaceShane
05/07/2014, 07:21 PM
Hello everyone I am looking for some help with my 90g reef tank. I am new to the marine world just the past couple of years. I started out small with a 30g fish only tank and about 8 months ago I decided to go bigger. I called my friend who owns Chicago Fish and Corals and sat down with him to go over what I wanted and he helped me with everything to get going. So I have a 90g reef tank all my corals are soft leathers and mushrooms with a huge Acan as my show piece but I like my Scoli better lol. Anyways my favorite fish by far is my Foxface I just love his bright yellow color and the way he behaves. I was wondering how many fish I should stock my tank with? I love tangs but I have had no luck with them the hippo tang is my favorite as well as the tamini and chevron tang. I want a bunch of color but also want coral safe fish as well besides my foxface I have 2 purple fire fish and a 6 line wrasse.

For my sump I have a 45g sump with a cyclone media tumbler for GFO a protein skimmer and in the main tank theres 80lbs of live sand and 120lbs of live rock with a ton of coralline growing on it. My lighting if a 4' wide LED full spectrum with a 24 hour cycle

m0nkie
05/07/2014, 07:23 PM
Here's a stickie page for your question. Just ask away about fish

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2068112

as far as my research goes, you will not support a hippo tang. Or else this forum will burn you alive.

Foxface is definitely cool. I believe min. tank size is 75gal.
You can try a yellow tang. But that's repetitive in color.
a green mandarin if you can keep up a pod colony
you can pair a Gobby with a shrimp. very cool to see.

I try to keep it at 10 gallon per fish. for average sized fish.

FoxfaceShane
05/07/2014, 07:34 PM
The other thing I was wondering is I have a brakish tank with a school of mono seabae's and a school of mono argentus 3 of each I can't find anything on them anywhere I know they go full marine when they mature but I can't find out if they are coral safe or not. I know they will probably eat my shrimp I have 4 fire shrimp and 2 cleaner shrimp but I'm looking to do a 210g fish only tank later down the road.