PDA

View Full Version : Rocks Color Changing

Freind
05/16/2014, 09:19 PM
Hi,
I have fairly new SW tank. Its around five months old. From last couple of weeks, I'm noticing that rocks are changing its color to brown. On many space I also see money other colors spots like dark green, light green, dark pinkish or purplish, etc.
I'm wondering what are these colors is it a good or a bad sign.
Thanks,

thenewguy997
05/17/2014, 02:14 AM
Im going through this now too my tank is abour 60 days all live rock..

Bright lime green, brownish rock, blue algae, nothing out of control i think and hope its part of the tank and corraline maturing

Pife
05/17/2014, 08:20 AM
It sounds like you tank is maturing. It is most likely different algae. What type of clean up crew do you have?

cloak
05/17/2014, 09:54 AM
Hi,
I have fairly new SW tank. Its around five months old. From last couple of weeks, I'm noticing that rocks are changing its color to brown. On many space I also see money other colors spots like dark green, light green, dark pinkish or purplish, etc.
I'm wondering what are these colors is it a good or a bad sign.
Thanks,

Check this out.

http://www.reefcleaners.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54&Itemid=60

HTH.

whosurcaddie
05/17/2014, 10:13 AM
This is completely normal the rock is just maturing. Soon the majority of it will turn green. Shortly after that the coraline will start taking over provided that you have your calcium alkalinity and mag at the proper levels. Its a good sign.