PDA

View Full Version : Controller and LED light advice.

1Obsessive
05/19/2014, 07:02 PM
Hello All,

I am very new to the hobby and I am in the process of building a 120 gallon system.

At first the more I had looked into a reef tank, the more difficult it looked or that it was going to be more trouble than it was worth.The more videos I watched and the more that I read blogs the more discouraged I became and at one point I decided to table the idea. But I have always loved the water and its creatures and I kept looking into it. I found that most internet videos are more of a commercial than they are very informative. Then I watched three of Mike Paletta's 75 gallon build videos and I was sold on his tank system. I decided to follow his exact system and in the process I learned that he lived in my area. I contacted Mike Paletta and he started directing me on my build. I even went to his home and looked over his great tanks, he is a great ambassador of the hobby!

Unfortunately I can not completely financially follow Mr Paletta's recommendations and stay married. I have been scouring the blogs for good lower priced options and I am down to my last couple of key pieces to the build that I need.

I have decided on a Reef Angel controller, Mike highly recommended the Apex Controller, I could go either way on this though, any thoughts?

Lastly I am in need of LED lights that I want to control with (as of now) a Reef Angel. My tank is 72" long and has two supports. So I guess that I'll need three lights. Looking at Evergrow and Arctic, any recommends would be great.

1Obsessive
05/21/2014, 06:28 AM
I am looking for advice on LED lights, I have been scouring the web for information and I have become completely frustrated to the point that I am afraid that I might just buy anything. I have roughly $1,000 to spend, I have been leaning towards the Ever Grows and the like.

My main question is, is there a light that can be controlled by the Reef Angel controller? Looking mostly for the ability to have a timed sunrise and sunset that is controlled by the Reef Angel. I have not purchased a controller yet, so if there are other controllers that are more capable let me know? There is the TI2060 that I am considering that has a built in timer, is this the direction that I should take, my hope was that everything would be controlled through the RA controller?