PDA

View Full Version : Best powerhead placement for my aquascape

wildcountrykid
05/20/2014, 10:05 AM
Hello. I'm wondering what would be the best placement for my powerheads for my 72 gal bow front tank. I have one 720gph fluval powerhead which is on the left side pointing at the front of the tank. and a 1350 fluval powerhead on the right side pointing at the back side of the tank. I included a picture of my tank.My question is what is the best place to put my powerhead for my aquascape?

thegrun
05/20/2014, 10:20 AM
That seems about right. You might point the back one slightly up.

wildcountrykid
05/20/2014, 10:53 AM
alright, I'll slightly move up the back one . thanks for the help

Kyle918
05/20/2014, 11:49 AM
It really is trial and error. I moved my two power heads three times each before I got it right. I used some flake food to feed the tank a few times. The flakes stay afloat in the currents better and allowed me to identify dead spots. You will want to address any dead spots you find over time. I've found that angling the power heads up and towards the front glass made the most of the two power heads in regards to overall water movement. I'm still debating a third one.

wildcountrykid
05/20/2014, 12:19 PM
It really is trial and error. I moved my two power heads three times each before I got it right. I used some flake food to feed the tank a few times. The flakes stay afloat in the currents better and allowed me to identify dead spots. You will want to address any dead spots you find over time. I've found that angling the power heads up and towards the front glass made the most of the two power heads in regards to overall water movement. I'm still debating a third one.

Yea pretty much it is trial and error.I have been adjusting it for months to tried to get the perfect flow but for now it's ok as it is right now. I use flakes to help find dead spot and will adjust acorrding if I find one. Thanks for the advice