PDA

View Full Version : EcoSmart Live update

lapoolboy
05/22/2014, 11:30 AM
Hey EcoTech,

When are you updating the EcoSmart Live app for Android to enable Vortech pump control??????

That is all, thanks.

Alex Y EcoTech
05/23/2014, 02:03 PM
Lapoolboy,

We are currently developing the Android app and it will be available shortly.

robbous
05/27/2014, 07:20 AM
i am having a problem with my MP40 W the lights are blinking both red/green and the pump stops i have unplugged the pump via the controller and plugged it back in but within 10 mins it goes back to red/green blinking and pump stops. i have tried a different wet side but have the same problem i own 3 of these MP40 pumps and this is the only one that is giving me trouble what can i do i really need to have this pump working, and these things are very expensive please help.

Alex Y EcoTech
05/27/2014, 07:26 AM
i am having a problem with my MP40 W the lights are blinking both red/green and the pump stops i have unplugged the pump via the controller and plugged it back in but within 10 mins it goes back to red/green blinking and pump stops. i have tried a different wet side but have the same problem i own 3 of these MP40 pumps and this is the only one that is giving me trouble what can i do i really need to have this pump working, and these things are very expensive please help.

Robbous,

I would recommend running the dryside alone, meaning not attached to the wetside to see if the issue persists. If so, please contact our customer service department to determine your warranty status.

robbous
05/27/2014, 07:43 AM
trying now the warranty has expired the date on the unit is sept 5th 2012 and i have owned it over a year now. i'll see what happens with running it without a wet side and will post my finding here thanks

robbous
05/27/2014, 08:02 AM
Been running just the dry side now for about 25 mins with no issue of the light flashing red/green. what is this telling me? and don't forget i was getting the red/green with using two different wetsides.

robbous
05/27/2014, 08:42 AM
been over an hour now no issue with running just the dry side and the light turning red/green. what do i do? it is only turning red/green while running the wet side with it and 2 different wet sides at that? please advise me on what is going on with the unit and what i should do to correct this problem thanks

lapoolboy
05/27/2014, 01:47 PM
Sounds to me like you have a misalignment issue between the wetside and dryside. Out of curiosity, how thick is the glass?

robbous
05/27/2014, 07:12 PM
Sounds to me like you have a misalignment issue between the wetside and dryside. Out of curiosity, how thick is the glass?

1/2" thick and the pin spacer is set correctly, I have adjusted this numerous times and it will run for about 15 20 mins the it will stop again and red/green light happens again and this happens with 2 different wet sides. This has never happened before in the year 1/2 I have owned this

robbous
05/28/2014, 10:51 AM
Alex Y i was wondering what you recommend seeing your a Customer Service Representative at EcoTech Marine what i should do ??

robbous
07/15/2014, 02:12 AM
Still having issues with what I mentioned above, what is wrong??? All of a sudden this problem is happening again out of the blue? Any ideas?? What to do I even tried using a different wet side and still the same problem

Alex Y EcoTech
07/15/2014, 07:05 AM
Robbus,

It sounds like the wetside will need to be removed and given a very good cleaning. Start by soaking in a 50/50 hot water and vinegar bath. From there, completely disassemble and clean the unit.

robbous
07/15/2014, 11:22 PM
Ill try this and post here how I made out, the thing is I tried a different wet side and after about and hour the same thing happens

robbous
07/20/2014, 11:26 PM
I soaked wet side in what was mentioned above for a cpl days and took apart and cleaned and so far 4 days into it it's working ok. My question is tho why haven't any of my other 3 vortechs flashed those colors ever just this one which it has a cpl times now? Why is that?

robbous
07/26/2014, 03:18 AM
Well it's 7 days later and again this pump is flashing those same lights again as mentioned above....... How's is this??? What else could be wrong? It could not be dirty again as I have 3 more of the pumps and a cpl have not been cleaned in over a month. What else do I have for options here??? These are very expensive pumps

lapoolboy
07/26/2014, 09:31 AM
robbous: Could you please create your own new thread instead of continuing to hijack the hell out of this one?!

I created this thread to get updates on the Android app for EcoSmart Live, not as a one-on-one discussion between you and EcoTech on issues you are having with your Vortech pump.

Many thanks.