PDA

View Full Version : Mystery wrasse/lineatus wrasse disappeared?

hoyta
05/23/2014, 08:50 PM
I added a mystery and lineatus wrasse yesterday- they both were acclimated well and seemed to be doing ok last night. I have a stupid yellow damsel that was picking on the mystery, but that was about it. The tank is covered, and I have looked all over the floor/sump/overflow. I cannot see either one anywhere! Should I be worried?

ReefingWerewolf
05/23/2014, 08:58 PM
The damsel is a bloodthirsty demon (in other words an aggressive fish bound to pick at its tank-mates.) If you arnt too attached I would trade him in at your lfs for another fish. Most likely your wrasse are probably just in shock hiding in a crevasse somewhere in your liverock. I would give it a few days before freaking out :)

Good luck!!!

hoyta
05/23/2014, 09:29 PM
Sweet thank you! I hate this damsel- I've had him for almost 5 years now. If I could catch him, I would gladly give him a flush... Or trade him haha.
Thanks for the advice!

ReefingWerewolf
05/23/2014, 09:36 PM
Dont flush him :( Its not his fault that he is an aggressive little fish, Im sure someone else will want him.

jcdeng
05/24/2014, 09:14 AM
I agree, they are just hiding. So I assume that you don't QT? hope all goes well. As for the damsel, try to feed his favorite food in a net to him for a week, and after he gets comfortable getting in the net to grab food, just scoop him up.

albano
05/24/2014, 09:22 AM
New wrasses usually hide for a day or 2... QT would have been a good idea, and an acclimation box would have allowed you to see any aggression from other fish (damsel) before releasing the wrasses into your DT

IMO , remove the damsel!

hoyta
05/24/2014, 12:30 PM
I'm sorry- I did qt them. Never heard of an acclimation box though- will look into that. Will be an expensive lesson if something goes wrong. Ugh. Hate this feeling. Hope it's just hiding

hoyta
05/25/2014, 08:04 PM
Still haven't seen them. Ugh:(

Betta132
05/25/2014, 11:52 PM
Bottle trap will get the damsel out if he fits, but please don't flush him. It's a cruel way to kill a fish... He's just being himself, like a cat chasing birds.