PDA

View Full Version : Help did something stupid

Paaty
05/24/2014, 09:43 PM
I was glueing pvc pipe over my aquarium and a drop of primer fell in the aquarium. Should i be worried or one small drop in 150g should not efffect anything. Do you think i should do a water change and if so would 25% be enough.

Yodeling
05/24/2014, 10:14 PM
I can't say I'm speaking from experience, but if it was me, I would double-dose carbon and call it a night. A drop probably won't kill anything, just a hunch.

Crooked Reef
05/24/2014, 10:20 PM
I would just run extra carbon and make sure your skimmer is on. I am sure your not the first person to drop a little primer in the water.

Paaty
05/26/2014, 08:43 AM
Just wanted to give an update in case this ever happens to anyone else. I ran carbon and I did not see any ill effects from the primer.

JRR1285
05/26/2014, 12:20 PM
Good to hear all is well with your tank.

I had read this earlier and just a little while ago I went to fill up my ATO. I must have knocked a can of PVC solvent into the brute container last time I filled the ATO and it was floating upside down in the can and had rusted slightly. I also knocked a small dropper container of ammonia in apparently.

Dumped all the water out and wiped it with a clean towel. I hope there's no residual chemical/rust but I couldn't see any. I've heard of some reefers gluing PVC and putting it into service nearly immediately with no ill effects. Figuring I'll have no issues with this but worried nonetheless.