PDA

View Full Version : Green Mandarin with "bumps/bubbles"??

aggie13reef
05/27/2014, 09:05 PM
My girlfriend and I recently bought a green mandarin 3 days ago, acclimated him for 1 hour before adding him to the tank and have just noticed what appear to be bubbles or bumps along the dorsal and lateral sides of his body. I have searched the forums all day about this and finally had to post to see yall's opinions because I could not find an answer. I believe that he is producing a heavier slime coat than normal and do not see any white spots so I do not believe he has ich. I am planning to just leave him be and see if the stress from the move will decline which will help clear up whatever he may have.
Any input is greatly appreciated!!
thanks.

HumbleFish
05/28/2014, 07:21 AM
Post a pic if you can.

aggie13reef
05/28/2014, 08:37 PM
I can't seem to get a good picture with my cell phone (I dont have a quality camera) but I'll keep trying another day has gone by and still no change and still no white spots. He's not eating frozen foods but seems to be picking at the live rock. He swims around the whole tank top and bottom and doesn't stay in one place for extended periods of time.
I'll keep trying on the picture

aggie13reef
05/29/2014, 04:28 PM
The bubbles I am talking about are the ones that are right behind his head in the pictures. They are also present on his dorsal fin and down his body. I am pretty confident that the white specs on his body is sand stuck to his slime coat.

HumbleFish
05/29/2014, 08:40 PM
Interesting... never seen this before.

Do the "bubbles" have color or are they translucent?

aggie13reef
05/29/2014, 09:25 PM
The bubbles are translucent and did not appear until a couple days after he was added to the tank. Still have not noticed a decrease in his activity, but still has a heavy slime coat.

HumbleFish
05/29/2014, 10:43 PM
I'm still not sure what it is, but I am sure there's not much you can do about it at this point in time except wait & see.

Sorry... wish I could be more helpful. :(