PDA

View Full Version : Diodes burned out

BoxesOfTheSea
05/28/2014, 11:31 AM
I have a Gen I that is about 27 months old. The other night I noticed that 2 diodes in one of the pucks are no longer lighting. Contacted Ecotech Support and guess what. Puck cannot be replaced as they no longer provide those replacements. I have not alternative but to upgrade. Not only that, but this will require me to send the light in to Ecotech. Wow!

A couple of things:
Light has never been above 60%.
Hanging 12 inches above water line.
Photo period of 9 hours per day average.

I'm very disappointed that the diodes have failed so soon and am even more disappointed that I now must upgrade, rather than replace 1 puck.

Oh well. Time to weigh my options, but I'm pretty sure that I won't be upgrading, as I have no need for the increased PAR.

SkullV
05/28/2014, 11:55 AM
I have a Gen I that is about 27 months old. The other night I noticed that 2 diodes in one of the pucks are no longer lighting. Contacted Ecotech Support and guess what. Puck cannot be replaced as they no longer provide those replacements. I have not alternative but to upgrade. Not only that, but this will require me to send the light in to Ecotech. Wow!

A couple of things:
Light has never been above 60%.
Hanging 12 inches above water line.
Photo period of 9 hours per day average.

I'm very disappointed that the diodes have failed so soon and am even more disappointed that I now must upgrade, rather than replace 1 puck.

Oh well. Time to weigh my options, but I'm pretty sure that I won't be upgrading, as I have no need for the increased PAR.

Put up a WTB in the classifieds. People are upgrading all the time and have their old pucks sitting around.

BoxesOfTheSea
05/28/2014, 12:05 PM
That might be worth looking into, but I didn't think that the Gen I pucks were user serviceable. Are they?

BoxesOfTheSea
05/30/2014, 02:32 PM
Time for me to eat crow.
Alex has contacted me outside of this forum and has offered generous assistance to me. I thank him, apologize for my negative comments. and send out kudos to Ecotec on their customer care.
Thank you, Alex, for your commitment to your customers, and for going the extra mile.

aquapod24
05/30/2014, 11:29 PM
I seen a post not to long ago in the for sale area for some gen 1 puks

BoxesOfTheSea
05/31/2014, 05:56 AM
I seen a post not to long ago in the for sale area for some gen 1 puks
Thank you. Please see the post right before yours.

aquapod24
05/31/2014, 08:22 AM
Nive! Good job ecotech!!!