PDA

View Full Version : passive DIY kalkwasser reactor - diagram included

rwb500
05/29/2014, 10:30 PM
would this plan work for a simple kalk reactor? or would the kalk harden and turn to rock and not allow water passage? I figure the scale of the device and ATO timing could be adjusted to get pretty good dissolution of the kalk.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-URYdKsmdD0I/U4gIvW7uBzI/AAAAAAAABKk/h8gx2b4aaPA/s576/DIYkalk.jpg

swclown
05/30/2014, 11:02 AM
At first glance this looks like a pretty good idea. With enough water flow I don't think you would have to worry about the kalk hardening, but I think there would be too much mixed in the solution and your ouput would be too concentrated and would look like milk.

rwb500
05/30/2014, 11:31 AM
thanks for the input. the device would rely on very slow flow to not disturb the kalk too much, so that's why the hardening is a concern. Maybe I'll just pour a bunch of kalk in a cup and let it sit for a week, if no one has any input about kalk hardening if let to sit relatively still in water.

swclown
05/30/2014, 01:35 PM
with a slow amount of flow this might just be a great idea but now i get your concern if the kalk just sits at the bottom. i'm interested to see other feedback as well