PDA

View Full Version : Newbie looking for help on Propogating

FrightyDog
05/31/2014, 12:14 AM
I currently have a 28 gallon nanocube. I have a 2 xenia (one is growing another head). 2 zoa heads. I believe an Orange Acan, a piece of birds nest, acropora, leather mushrooms, blastomussa, goniopora, and finally green hairy mushroom which just split not too long ago. How do I grow these to split or multiply? The hairy mushrooms don't really open up that big anymore and the goniopora won't fully extend anymore (only slightly). How do I further amplify their spreading? Do I cut anything? Any help with those are great, thanks!

KirbyBTF
06/03/2014, 03:32 PM
The best thing you can do for your corals is make sure the water parameters are spot on, lighting is up to par (pun intended), and maybe even spot feed if it tickles your fancy. Cutting doesnt really speed up the process.

kriskool123
06/03/2014, 04:46 PM
use a gel super glue, disposable gloves, and safety googles!! remember you are dealing with a toxin that is expelled from corals once they are cut and may even spray when touched.

SaltyWalter
06/04/2014, 07:37 PM
I would defiantly get them growing good for you so you know hey are healthy before you start cutting them up! The better your water, the faster they grow, the more frags you can make long term